cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix have cancelled my account!

nforsyth
On our wavelength

I've had an email this morning from Netflix which says...

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Wednesday, May 4th, 2022."

I've not cancelled this and, indeed, I've been billed for Netflix on my latest bill. 

Getting through to vm customer services is a legendary chore, so does anyone have any ideas? 

I could just reactivate it, but I never cancelled it and I don't want to be billed twice! 

68 REPLIES 68

Hi @Benjy99, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to see the price of Netflix is not showing correctly.

It seem like this needs to be looked at further so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Benjy99
Tuning in

So rang 150 and the chap on the other end of the phone was nice, polite and helpful.

I am a volt customer so I get the upgraded modem, but my original package never included Netflix, I just pay for it through VM.  For that reason I don't qualify for Netflix to be included as a volt customer.

So he advised me to restart as my membership says it bills me through VM. So I shall be keeping my eye on my bill to see if I am double charged, and wonder what VM will do with me missing 6 days of a service I paid for😳

nforsyth
On our wavelength

I decided to go ahead and resume Netflix via the set top box.

So far that appears to be OK, albeit the price is £1 higher than before.

I'll wait and see what happens next and whether there is any refund coming for lack of service but, based on what I see so far, I'll not hold my breath... 

Thanks for coming back to us @nforsyth and I'm glad that you have been able to get this sorted, the price increase is due to Netflix changing their prices over the last few months.

Would you like to raise a complaint about your experience?

Regards,

Steven_L

nforsyth
On our wavelength

@Steven_L wrote:

Thanks for coming back to us @nforsyth and I'm glad that you have been able to get this sorted, the price increase is due to Netflix changing their prices over the last few months.

Would you like to raise a complaint about your experience?

Regards,

Steven_L

Honestly? - no. It's not the end of the world and, even though I think it's not been great service, it would just create unnecessary work and achieve nothing.

I'll add that the only contact I've had from VM has been through messages on this forum. Thank you for that, I appreciate it, but I think the dialogue should have been started by VM with its affected customers directly. You guys might be on top of your game, but I don't think that's representative of the overall customer service experience. 

Thanks for coming back to us @nforsyth, I can raise the complaint on your behalf but if you don't want to then that okay as well.

I will ensure that your feedback about this is passed onto the concerned teams, to help improve the service that we offer our customers.

Regards,

Steven_L

RickLincs
On our wavelength

So, Virgin Media. Reading older posts, 2 weeks ago you told people you were "working through affected accounts".

This was obviously a lie, as my Netflix was cancelled exactly the same way 2 days ago!

Get this issue resolved, or my business will be taken elsewhere.

Hi RickLincs

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the Netflix issue. 

Have you received any activation emails at all? If not, can you check your junk folder/spam folders please. Lastly, can you log in to your online account - virg.in/myVM - and on the front homepage when signed in, there should be a Netflix tile there, where you'll have an activation button. Is this there? Let me know for both. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I am three weeks in with the exact same problem. I was initially told it was a Netflix problem and to contact them, their was a code migration issue, then assured it would be fixed in three days, then IT ticket raised and it would be five days, now IT ticket is escalated!!!!!!

Virgin Media are clueless as to how to sort this issue! 

No longer fit for purpose.

I think I hear Sky calling me to come back