cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix dumped me

DaveBolton
Joining in

I am a very long standing top package customer currently showing as Maxit TV. I am not confusing this with a package that offers free Netflix and for several years I have paid for Netflix through my Virgin bill.

On Thursday evening my Netflix page showed a “Sorry you left us…” message and invited me to rejoin. I had never knowingly left and just the day before had paid my monthly bill by direct debit as always. It was late evening so I called Netflix and they confirmed I had been disconnected but didn’t know why. They also confirmed there had never been any issues with payment and they suggested I contacted Virgin as they could see no reason for the disconnect.

I called Virgin yesterday a.m. and was advised to go via the app (yes, I am using the new one) and ‘Activate’ the account. I’ve tried iPad and iPhone but all lead to a dead link (the one in the pic attached) and no activate button.

I think the adviser I spoke to mistook me for a free customer, which I am not. Can anyone, admin or otherwise, point me in right direction and get me reconnected to Netflix?

DA4A8C98-4396-4419-B494-245365CF2DC3.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

Tractorboy
Rising star

There have been problems with Netflix activation for nearly 3 months now that Virgin seem to be struggling to resolve , and have failed to make any official comments about.

You may be able to re-activate your account via the set top box. What option do you get when you access the Netflix app on the box?

Your best bet may be to go direct to Netflix and cancel your account with Virgin in view of all the current issues , you will find multiple threads and hundres of posts on the issue.

Thanks Tractorboy (and good luck for the season ahead from this BWFC boy!)

I was up late reading many of the threads you mention (and make a very helpful appearance in) but most if not quite all refer to new scheme of 'free' Netflix for new and existing top package accounts whereas mine is not that but a paid account. There is the odd mention of similar problem to my own but as you say, no robust solutions offered.

I have tried re-joining via my iPad but not via the tivo box, but then baulked at final step when there was no pay via Virgin option. I'll try the set top box route later this morning - there's a big red 'Come Back' button as far as I remember - and, at this very moment, one of those 'Come back' emails has just now landed from Netflix, so I'll investigate that too. If all fails though I'll have the summer off and save a few bob whilst they sort it out. I must also have a look at the free Netflix with a top package offer. My contract started pre that deal, but I'm not averse to starting a new 18m contract if that's an option, and VM don't frustrate me too much.

Thanks again!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DaveBolton, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you or posting. 

We are very sorry for the issues you have experienced with your Netflix account and the difficulty you have had trying to find support due to you being a paid subscriber. 

We are aware of the issue with the Netflix management section online and are currently working to have this resolved. 

As Tractorboy has suggested, re-joining the service via the set top box would be the best next step to get this resolved. If you have the option of 'Come back' on the app, please can you try this and let us know how you get on? 

Thank you, 

Nat