cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix cancelled

joffyvan
Tuning in

Had an email this morning from Netflix saying my account is cancelled as they have not received payment.  However, I have paid for Netflix via Virgin Media for over a year and not requested any changes - and Virgin are continuing to collect payment from me for Netflix.

Please help

35 REPLIES 35

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi joffyvan,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Apologies for the issues faced, when you attempt to log into Netflix, are you met with any messages to say the account is closed?

Thanks,

Kain

I have exactly the same problem as joffyvan. When I try to log in to Netflix it gives me two options - Restart Membership or Sign Out. The email I received from Netflix says you (Virgin) have not paid the subscription.

This seems to have been happening to people for at least four weeks. Is it being fixed and will my account be reinstated?

Yes the account is closed and it give me the option to renew membership

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response joffyvan, 

For further clarification regarding this, have you signed into your MyVM account? If so does it advise that the Netflix account is still active at all?

Thanks,

Kain

where does it say that - had a good look around and cant fiind anywhere where it refers to Netflix - my latest bill has taken netflix payment though

Hi Joffyvan, thank you for coming back to us!

If you log into your My Virgin Media account there should be a Netflix tile. If you click on this it will ensure your Netflix service is activated. I have attached a screenshot below to demonstrate what this should look like. 

If you could log into My VM and let us know if this is appearing? - If it is, please follow the link for the activation steps and let us know how you get on!

If you could also please let us know:

-If you recently made any changes to your Netflix Plan

-If you have been able to access netflix through your VM Billing previously, and if so when this changed for you!

All the best!

Molly

Hi Molly,

Have the same issue, email from Netflix yesterday to quote;

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 25th April 2022

If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership."

Netflix askes me to restart membership when i access through the my TV box or phone app etc.

Have check My VM as you have suggested and there is no Netflix option showing as per your screen shot.

Netflix does appear as an "On Demand" item on my latest bill though.

As far as i know i have made no changed to my Netflix subscription.

Hopefully this information helps.

Regards

K.

Hi Molly T

I’m very surprised that you are asking questions re Netflix payments etc , when it is all over the forum stating everyone is having problems with their Netflix account . This is not an individual problem , it is affecting VM not paying Netflix . We are all still waiting for a fix .

AndyB7455
Joining in

Hi. 

i had this too. I think it’s cos the price has gone up a bit. But anyway. I simply accessed it via main device (tv) and restarted the subscription and it’s put everything back. It wouldn’t let me do this via my phone I had to do it on tv. But simple in the end.