cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix being charged by Virgin but Netflix confirm there is no account

Basher130
Tuning in

PLEASE can somebody help. My elderly mum has virgin tv/phone but no broadband. I manage her account online as her POA so have her bills emailed to save her money.  Virgin Media emailed in November to say she is all signed up for Netflix and changed her packaged and charging her  £11.99 extra for Netflix.  I contacted Netflix online and they confirm no account for her email address and so they aren't charging. Virgin media help say to cancel with Netflix??

Think the problem started as my brother-in-law accessed his Netflix account on mum's TV. On line chat with Netflix say it is possible Virgin have set up as new account in error and to contact them...

Tried on-line, sat on the phone for hours  at a time but no answer!!

Mum is 86 and can barely see the TV let alone use Netflix -  I just want to get the Netflix cancelled from her account.

Tried by accessing her on-line account with Virgin but saying "sorry unavailable" did you tube for instructions to delete on TV but think her virgin box is over 6 years old so doesn't let me access her account to cancel....

Can someone give an early Christmas present and help cancel this before Mum is charged again.

As a last resort had thought of cancelling her direct debit to get some contact from  virgin accounts but then you would no doubt cut off her phone which is not an option as her lifeline!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Basher130

Thanks for coming back to us and also joining on PM.

You are registered for the POA so please do not worry 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Lisa_CC

Hi there Basher130 and sorry to hear that your mum has been charged with the Netflix billing following your brother in law accessing his account on her TV Box. Can you ask your brother in law to check his Netflix account and see what it's tied to and see if he can remove the link between your mum's TV Box and his account? I ask because Netflix may have his details and not your mum's email account.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi, thanks for the reply. My brother-in-law called netflix twice and I;ve checked online with them too and they say it is only his virgin account linked to netflix. Since posting this I also managed to get an email address for virgin so have sent a message last week which has had an automated acknowledgement so far. Just don't want mum being charged another £11.99 in January again.

Thanks 

Hi Basher130,

If it's your brother in law's account that is the only Netflix account that has logged into your mum's TV Box, and if your brother in law checks his account and it's only assigned to his own account and any link to your mum's TV Box has been removed, then there shouldn't be another payment on your mum's Virgin Media account. However do wait for the next billing to see if any more payments have been made so we can check on our side. 

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi, all checked and Netflix account is only against my brother-in-law. I've just got mums advanced bill for her DD 22 Jan and still showing charge for Netflix. When I use the link on the bill for Netflix it tells me there is no account for her email address......Don't understand why she is still being billed.  To add insult to injury got another email saying her package going up by £3.50 - she has already been charged £11.99 last month for Netflix and you are going to do it again this month.  She is 86 and vulnerable so needs her phone otherwise I would just cancel the DD to at least get someone to help. I did send a complaint by email which is showing as open on her account from 16 December. I did ask for this to be actioned by email as there is no point in anyone calling mum as she won't understand what is going on assuming she can even hear what is being said!!  Her TV and phone is her lifeline so I'm hoping somebody will sort this out.

Hi Basher130

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi now into February and mum still being charged for Netflix......I understand that people are working from home and things take time but even suspending the Netflix charge from her account is better than continuing to bill every month regardless until Virgin sort it out.....

Hi @Basher130

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

I've checked the POA was accepted. Have you received the letter for the account access? 

You'll also need to speak to Netflix themselves as just cancelling with us won't solve this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi I've not received anything at all ...sorry.   I have also been in contact with Netflix on line and they advised that they do not have an account listed against the email address I have for my Mum's Virgin account so there was nothing they could do and to contact you??

I am not sure how the system works but if you can tell me what I am to ask from Netflix then that would be great as they said  they don't have an account for my mum.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jill

Hi Jill

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'll PM you now to assist further

kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team