cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix added to Virgin account without permission

nefoal
Joining in

I have an Airbnb holiday let with Virgin TV.  One of my guests has somehow managed to add their Netflix account to my Virgin Bill and I am now being billed £13:99/month! How can they have managed this as they would not know my Virgin PIN. How can the security for setting this up be so lax? How do I get it cancelled and reimbursed. I obviously do not know the Netflix account number. I'm hoping Virgin will respond to this or other virgin account holders who have had a similar issue.

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nefoal

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting touch. 

I am very sorry to hear this happened, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

We are unable to cancel the subscription from our side as this will be directly with Netflix. 

We would recommend contacting them directly to see if they are able to locate the account via the address if it was registered on the equipment. 

We are able to cancel the billing from our side but if the subscription is still active, I am afraid this will auto renew next month. 

Thanks 

Nat

Nat

But how can someone add a Netflux account like this. The security does not seem good.

Also I was online with the Virgin agent tonight and she assured me she has put through a credit and I won't be billed in future months for the Netflix, but I'm not so sure now having read your comment. I am in touch with the guest- it was his 14 year old son that resurrected a cancelled Netflix account. Would you advise me to ask this guest to cancel the account or at least amend his payment method to direct payment to Netflix and cancel payment via Virgin that his son somehow managed to set up on my TV box.

Hi @nefoal,

I appreciate that this must be incredibly frustrating, and I do apologise. I would certainly suggest requesting that the guest contact Netflix to amend this ASAP if you can.

Alternatively, as my colleague suggested, you can reach out to Netflix directly yourself and they will be able to assist and advise further on getting this matter resolved for you.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!