cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

Rosenonetflix
Joining in

Like a lot of people I am not able to activate netflix despite it being in the package. I interacted with Netflix, a company that could teach VM a great deal about customer service. They need VM to arrange to pay, I had netflix for a week, now gone.

How do we activate it through VM? Everytime I try it says error (no error code)  try again later, it's been like this for days. 

5 REPLIES 5

Portery
Fibre optic

Netflix
If you’re one of the many users of the My Virgin Media online service, simply follow the steps below:

1. If you are already logged in, click the entertainment services banner
  2. Then you will see Netflix it will say activate
  3. Click “on activate and it will take you to a Netflix page”
  4. Choose the Netflix tier to your preference
  5. Enter your email address and create your password
  6. Start enjoying all the entertainment at your fingertips!

if that is not available you would have to contact customer service or wait for a mod

• Except as I said the activation page says error and I get no further

Indeed, as you have noticed, the setup is completely broken for some users. Now what the reason as for this are, or why some customers appear to get activated within a day or so while others wait, literally months, is a bit of a mystery - although we can surmise that the underlying issue might well be connected to VM’s broken and disjointed backend systems.

OK bottom line, you are acting for something which is part of the contract you have with VM and they are not supplying it, right? Fine, you make a formal complaint in writing to VM’s Sunderland office, in this you request refund of the Netflix costs plus, say a nominal £20 extra for the inconvenience. Now this complaint will just get closed, ignored, lost etc. but after eight weeks from the initial submission, you raise a complaint with the industry adjudicator CISAS, and it that submission you will request oh and extra £60 compensation for VM’s poor handling of the complaint etc.

Now often at this point I make a statement to the effect that none of this will be necessary as I’m sure the VM forum team will intervene and sort things out to avoid an expensive (your compensation claim is tiny compared to how much VM have to pay for the adjudication fees) outlay on VM’s part. Unfortunately, is suspect that the underlaying system is so fundamentally broken that the forum team won’t have any ability to resolve anything - OK you may get a few platitudes about how they are sorry and ‘this isn’t the service they aim to provide’ etc. Won’t actually get Netflix working for you though.

Hi @Rosenonetflix,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Netflix. We can understand the frustration caused and want to do our best to help. To further look into this for you, I have sent a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good advice. 

I posted on here, wrote my online complaint and waited. By 8pm the Netflix activation button did not return an error message it worked. Today Internet speed above 150 Mbps, not the 360 but better, oh and the phone works again.

Keep complaining