cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

superb33s
Tuning in

I need a definitive answer from somebody who actually knows about Netflix activation. 

I was first offered a Netflix included package on 20th April (after my last contract revision was totally screwed up). No activation emails were ever forthcoming.

I chased up on 13th May to be told that it wasn't included on my package despite it being clearly offered on my previous call. But fear not, they could amend my contract to make sure it was included....... Still no activation emails came. 

Chased again on 13th June via WhatsApp and told

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. There might be some technical issue due to which you are not able to access Netflix. I'll get the IT ticket raised for you and within 48 hours it will be resolved.

Of course we are long past 48 hours by now, and still no contact from anyone. No activation emails.

All throughout this when I go to "My Virginmedia" the Netflix activate button is there but it only ever leads to a plan selection page inviting me to pay extra (normal plan prices) for Netflix.

I am currently on a complaints Web chat and the adviser (Divyajyoti) is insistent that I should just click through and agree to the screen that says I will be billed £10.99 per month and that I won't actually be billed it. 

Forgive me if I find that very hard to believe.

Screenshot_20220720-115151.png

 Can anybody categorically confirm or deny that I should just click through and the billing won't be totally messed up? 

10 REPLIES 10

You can do that but, as I've already explained, a "IT ticket" was raised for me back on June 13th with a promised resolution within 48 hours.

Again, forgive me if I don't believe this will solve the issue..... 🤔