cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

Brewerjohn
Tuning in

Well I have been trying for nearly 3 weeks now. Every day spoke with virginmedia on the phone and online and also spent over an hour with netflix. I have never received any email with or without any link or code. Even tried going back to my original oomph package. No longer exists I was told. So where do I go from here?? An absolute joke. What is the problem here??

77 REPLIES 77

Hi @kennedylanduk thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry that the Netflix issue is still impacting you and others.  The email you received on Sunday is concerning.  I would like to take a look on your behalf to see if there's been anything that's prompted that email.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Don't bother with personal messages, I've already been through the process with another forum admin.

Nothing has changed, over a month now without Netflix. Utter waste of time even attempting to get Virgin to sort it out.

I am sorry your experience has led to feeling the way you do, @kennedylanduk

We're here if you need us, along with your fantastic fellow community members.  And I hope this issue is resolved for all impacted customers as soon as possible.
Regards

Lee_R

dab996
Tuning in

I have upgraded to Volt Ultimate having previously been on Oomph, which I now regret doing given the continuing Netflix saga. This is completely unacceptable considering I'm paying for a service I cannot receive and to be continually told this will be escalated and resolved is dismissive!?  

I concur with everyone's experience in this thread, what are VM going to do to rectify this unacceptable situation.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dab996,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're also experiencing some issues with the Netflix services after your recent package change.

Can you tell us if you're able to access your online account and if you can see the Netflix tab and the Activation button at all?

Have you been in touch with our team to discuss this issue further? If so, what was advised? 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I cannot find Netflix anywhere in my online VM account. 

And for over a month now I've been without Netflix. Is it really so difficult that one of you cannot just figure out what is wrong? I've had messages from two forum admins (no change to my services), spoken with VM and Netflix, no joy.

I've even had a message saying Netflix was removed from my account. And no, I did not ask for it to be removed from my account. I guess the solution is if it isn't working, just deny access to it. Great.

Hopeless. 

Really sympathise with you. All I can help with is to reiterate what worked for me. I went directly to customer retentions and explained the issue (same as yours). The agent spoke to her manager whilst I was on hold and got that person to re-send the elusive email which contains a link to activate the Netflix offer. I asked her to wait whilst the email arrived and from there it all worked perfectly. 

Virgin mods - doubtless you are genuinely trying to help but the experiences of numerous posters on here suggests one of two things. Either this offer is broken and the company should recognise it as such and make a proper effort to fix and/or compensate your customers for breaching the agreement that was entered into in good faith, or, you are just kicking the can down the road with meaningless platitudes which is even more infuriating for those who are rightfully complaining. I myself have a related but separate issue with the upgrade to The Ultimate Volt contract I was sold, and three weeks later I still haven’t been contacted as promised by a manager to resolve it. The only purpose of a customer service team is to respond helpfully to issues and agree resolutions. This clearly isn’t happening for many of us right now. 

Hi Paulina,

Yes i have the activation tab in MyVM and i have spent hours with numerous people from various VM depts all advising how to activate it without any success, with the latest offering a ref tech ticket no today and for me to expect a call within 48hrs.  

dab

Don't expect a resolution to your ticket with 24/48 hours , that is not going to happen !

There are a great many of us posting here that had tickets raised weeks ago and have heard nothing !

I have my doubts they even exist now ! , although given a number there is nowhere we can check the progress etc.

Maybe the forum team could post a screenshot of one to enlighten us further into the procedure ?

Sorry to see you are still having the issue Dab996, I will be private messaging you, please look out for a purple envelope this way I can look into it a little better for you. In the meantime let us know if you hear from us.

Thank you

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide