cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

Brewerjohn
Tuning in

Well I have been trying for nearly 3 weeks now. Every day spoke with virginmedia on the phone and online and also spent over an hour with netflix. I have never received any email with or without any link or code. Even tried going back to my original oomph package. No longer exists I was told. So where do I go from here?? An absolute joke. What is the problem here??

77 REPLIES 77

>> What happens when you click on the activation link on your online account?

There is no "activation" link. 

Netflix shows up as "Active", renewal date of 5th May. When I click on "Manage netflix", I get the message below. And yes, I've called 150 to be told I need to speak to Netflix, and I spoke with Netflix, they said it was VM at fault.

You can upgrade or downgrade your Netflix plan at any time. Netflix Standard is included in your bundle but you can also add Netflix Premium for an additional £5.00 a month.

For help with anything else, call us on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

And when i click "recover netflix account", I get the following error.

Sorry, something went wrong.

You may still sign up for a Netflix account without this package or return to the partner website and try again.

I solved this myself today by ringing customer retentions. They confirmed I should have received a link in an email to activate this deal but I didn’t get it originally. After consulting with her manager the agent confirmed she had requested for the email to be sent again. I received it within minutes and the process was very simple. My existing Netflix account has now been taken Over by Virgin so hopefully this is fixed now. 

Hi Kennedylanduk, thank you for keeping us updated! Sincerest apologies for this ongoing issue getting your Netflix activated and provisioned correctly. 

This is a known issue that has been affecting multiple customers, for which we have a widespread fix in process. Sadly this has not been completely resolved just yet. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can escalate your specific case internally if needed! Sincerest apologies for any frustration or inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

All the best! 

Molly

Did you get this sorted? I'm currently jumping through hoops with Virgin trying to get this sorted with no luck.

Yeah I did - see my earlier reply on this thread. Basically I had to get someone in customer retentions (UK-based) to get their manager to reissue the Netflix email (which I never received in the first place) and from there it activated no problem. 

Haven't managed to sort mine out. Over a month now with no Netflix.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kennedylanduk

Thank you for your reply

Sorry to hear about this, our team are looking for a fix and we'll hopefully be able to give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Same here multiple times told will send info in email or it will be active in 20 mins and still nothing this is since activated tv360 28th march,

I give up not wasting my time anymore. 13 yrs with Virgin ( nice one )

Still no Netflix. Over a month, nothing done by either Virgin or Netflix.

And I'm still being changed.

And I've received an email saying Netflix has been removed from my package.

What on earth do I need to do to get what I'm paying for? Ahh yes, I know, it's being looked into and I'll be notified when there is a change. Guess I'll continue waiting indefinitely.......