cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

I suppose in the big scheme of things those suffering this issue are a small minority and can be put to one side while they devote resources to advertising and attracting new customers.

But don't they realise that with more customers, and continued poor service with abysmal customer relations things will only get worse and it will lead to long term revenue loss as people vote with their feet?

There are only so many new customers that they can attract and there will be a point when more are leaving than coming in, customer retention should be their priority.

paul_55
On our wavelength

@necs

"I suppose in the big scheme of things those suffering this issue are a small minority and can be put to one side" as previously mentioned, no one on here has a clue as to how big an issue this is as there are no updates from the  people who know.

I'm guessing that any new subscribers who may have this issue and have reported it  to  support via WhatsApp and received the same response as the rest  of us and are sitting waiting patiently for a resolution. They probably haven't discovered this forum/thread as yet.

"The lack of decent communication and feedback on this issue is more annoying than the issue itself." Absolutely! 2 weeks and the only way to get any form of response is to post here. It's not the fault of the Mod Team on here but who is running their IT support and not updating either the customer or the team on here who get all the flack and can't fix  it!

This amuses me.....

Update: 03/05/2022

Hi, 

this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email with further details, once the issue with your specific account has been fixed. 

Emails will be sent to the registered email address on your account; if for any reason you do not receive an email over the next 24 hours please check your online MyVM account, when the issue has been resolved on your account you will then see an 'activate' button. This button will take you through the next steps. 

Modteam

I had that a few months ago!

I signed up for virgin in march/April, moved from sky and my Netflix (which is supposed to be included with my package) has never worked/linked. Instantly regretted moving from Sky after my first phone call and WhatsApp interaction, absolutely shocking customer service.

Roughly 5-6 tickets raised and a couple of complaints made and still no update!

I should have cancelled within my cooling off period but i kept telling myself they are bound to sort this issue. How wrong was i???

Same here, missed the cooling off period by a couple of days by the time I realised what a disaster it was.

Hours on the phone and WhatsApp to no avail, different stories or different things to try from different customer services reps (or Web Chat bots), none of them had a clue if it wasn't on their scripts.

The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Yeah it’s so frustrating. I’ve been so reluctant to pay for Netflix myself, but I’ve had to as there was so many shows we were watching before making the mistake of moving from sky!

I am just appalled by their lack of communication, like yourself I’ve been told so many different things by so many different virgin staff! With all the same outcome.. absolutely nothing!

Hi @kyle-nufc thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not had your inclusive Netflix package yet.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @necs, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not had your inclusive Netflix package yet.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

JAK92
On our wavelength

Hi @Lee_R

I too am having issues activating. Won't let me activate via the virgin app or via the my account section on the website both either throw back error or just do nothing. 

Have dm'd you my details if you can manually activate your end at all or whatever you can do I'd appreciate it as it's frustrating that Virgin STILL haven't sorted this issue out which surely is an easy fix. 

Cheers.

JAK92
On our wavelength

Did anyone manage to get this resolved or is everyone waiting for manual activation off one of the forum team on here?

Think raising a ticket/complaint with virgin appears to be a waste of time as the staff seem to not have any idea on it. 

Hoping to get it sorted this week if poss!