cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

We fully understand you frustration paul_55,

It's frustrating for us too as we can only advise that the issue is still be investigated by our IT team. We have checked your IT ticket again this morning, it has been assigned and is still under investigation.

Once we have any further information, we will update you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

spell
Knows their stuff

I think you have hit the nail on the head there but the point is that as paying customers who actually keep your company afloat they are ENTITLED to an explanation as to what the problem is and the current situation with fixing it - instead an obvious policy decision has been made to keep them in the dark while continuing to take their money - at the very best this is insulting. Your current responses actually say nothing and are getting embarrassing for everybody no doubt including your good selves

So signed up to new package with Netflix. Didn’t get an activation code. Contacted VM (lack of) customer services who told me my package wasn’t due to activate until the next day, contract said otherwise. Waited until end of business next day, no activation options available. Contacted VM (lack of) customer services again who said I had to wait. On enquiring exactly what I had to wait for the unhelpful person effectively put me on hold. I waited 5 minutes and the hung up. Complaint about lack of help, no service availability done. Might have to wait 28 days apparently to get an answer. Might cancel the package due to failure to supply package at this rate. This isn’t the only missing piece of the package.

I'm writing to them tomorrow to cancel my package explaining that due to their breach of contract I will not be paying any termination fees.

I think that I have had the patience of a saint but this is into the fourth month now with 3 unanswered complaints, and now a 4th IT ticket!

Except for a 4 year break when I worked abroad, I've been with VM since they took over NTL in 2006, I've never been a great fan of their customer service but now it's completely unacceptabe.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @necs, thank you for your post.

We are sorry to see you wish to leave us, what has our team advised previously in regard to the issue you had?

In regard to the complaints mentioned, we can have a better look and offer our advice here based on the case progress, to enable me to help with this I will PM you shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Enough is enough!

I have now drafted my cancellation letter which I will post tomorrow morning.

I have also emailed the CEO of Virgin Media O2 expressing my disapproval over the poor handling of this whole affair enclosing a copy of the detailed reasons for my cancellation.

spell
Knows their stuff

@Adri_G wrote:

Hi there @necs, thank you for your post.

We are sorry to see you wish to leave us, what has our team advised previously in regard to the issue you had?

In regard to the complaints mentioned, we can have a better look and offer our advice here based on the case progress, to enable me to help with this I will PM you shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Have a better look??? Offer advice??? are you reading the actual post from nect which clearly states the intention to leave. Who in their right mind would actually ask for advice from VM apart from how to prevent VM from attempting to block the termination - the latest method apparently being if all else fails just hang up on the customer

Response from the Executive Team to my email to the CEO - They raised another complaint, and I recieved the standard text!

"We’ve got your complaint about the issues you’ve been experiencing recently. Thanks so much for taking the time to get in touch. We’ll look into it and get back to you with what we find and hopefully agree on a resolution with you. We’ll try to do this as quickly as we can, but please give us up to 28 days to look into things properly. We’re really sorry that we haven’t lived up to what you expect from us and we’ll do everything we can to put things right.

What happens next?

Your case will be assigned to a member of our team and they’ll take care of it from beginning to end. They’ll look into your complaint and the issues you’ve raised. They might also give you a quick ring or text first to find out more information before they get started – so please keep an eye on your phone to not miss it. If they can’t reach you, they’ll write to you with an offer of a resolution and you’ll have 28 days to respond and chat through things before they close your complaint. If you’re not completely on board with the resolution they offer, you’ll have the choice to escalate it to a manager by following our Customer Resolution Code of Practice."

Maybe I'll get a call from someone with the nous and authority to sort it out but I'm not holding my breath and the 30 days notice of cancellation of my package will be counting down.

spell
Knows their stuff

It's all very poorly worded to say - absolutely nothing - and they can't even make a proper job of that - it is cringe worthy

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey necs, thanks for your post and this update.

Please, bear in mind this is an automated message to notify you we have received your request and currently working on a resolution.
The 30 days time we advise on there, is the maximum time it can take for us to get back to you depending on the case.

If you have posted a letter asking for cancellation, we will accept and process this with 30-days notice from the date the letter was posted to us, FYI.
The CEO complaints team is actively working on this case for you as we speak, let us know if there is anything else you need our help with in the meantime.

Always happy to best assist you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs