cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Travis 

There is obviously some conflicting info from Virgin Media as after a whatapp chat yesterday I was told that your CARE team who are the only ones who deal with Netflix just need to send a new activation email for my contract. I'm guessing there are some bigger issues like you say due to the length of time this is taking.

It's also clear that most of the virgin customer team no nothing about this issue even though Virgin have acknowledged that it is an issue and being passed from person to person to try and sort the issue.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thanks for your reply

As advised, an IT ticket has been raised for you which is what the customer care team would need to do anyhow as this would be handled by our back office teams. We hope to have this resolved for you soon, thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Fingers crossed 🤞

But I don't hold out much hope, which I'm sure you will agree is understandable in the situation.

Problem is I really don't have any issue with any other Virgin services just that trying to sort this issue has been a bind and customer support have been woeful.

Will be looking for another provider when time comes due to the constant price increases and need to haggle and threaten to leave to get a decent deal and speak to retentions even when I have been a customer for over 10 years !!

Martinb4
On our wavelength

Nope nothing happening on netflix for me 

Martinb4

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Still waiting and still no email or contact from anyone at Virgin Media !!!

Martinb4
On our wavelength

It’s hopeless. Everyone sounds so helpful and you are the only one like this. We will get it resolved. Someone will be in contact. Nothing ever happens. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thank you for your reply and good afternoon to you.

The tickets are being investigated as this is a widespread issue, the team hope to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can. Thank you for your patience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not sure what the Virgin definition of ASAP is ?

Not the same as the rest of us 😁

Travis.

Any further forward I was promised this would be resolved ASAP.

Screenshot_2022-06-26-06-44-38-27_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg

 As you can see problem started 19th May just so I can keep track of how long it's actually taking you to sort the issue !!!!

Hi there @PeteC74

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still waiting for un update, I have reached out to Travis to see if they have heard anything, and they will reach out when they can.

Thank you.