cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Martinb4
On our wavelength
I can’t tell you how long I’ve spent trying to get netflix and been passed around from agent to agent.

Has anyone on this forum actually managed to get Netflix through virgin. For some inexplicable reason it seems the situation is worse if you had Netflix, then cancelled it assuming it would work through your volt plan

I think the fixes seem to have been very random , there does not seem to be any system at all.

I did not have Netflix previously and have been waiting since 23/3.

Incredible after all this time that nobody can give us a true update of what is actually happening !

I raised a complaint and got 5 pond credit which was an insult !!!!

I still have no Netflix and after a combined 4 HR conversation still no further forward it really is a **bleep** show from Virgin Media

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Has anyone got any answers to this ? I have spent over 3hrs combined onto customer services now with no answers.

I have spoken to complaints who sent me a credit for 5 pounds lol what an insult but still no Netflix I have been PMes by a Virgin Rep off this forum but still nothing ohh it's waiting for a ticket with IT still no Netflix !!!!

I finally spoke to Netflix who were very helpful and stated that it's a Virgin issue and they need to send out verification emails or SMSs speaking to tech support I believed that this involves rebuilding your package !!!! I await to see what happens !!!! I don't hold much hope out.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thanks for your reply

As advised via Private Message, we've had this escalated to our IT team who will investigate this and get the Netflix issue sorted for you. Any due updates I'll be sure to provide you with.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Travis.

Is there any time frame for this fix ? As obviously I am without Netflix currently until this fix is rolled out.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thanks for your reply

The IT ticket is raised and the team are hoping to have this resolved as soon as they possibly can. We don't currently have an exact date to provide you with. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

PeteC74
On our wavelength

Has anyone had this issue solved ???

I have done everything whatapp chat tech support this forum.

I have now been promised an activation email in 5-7 days.......really 5 to 7 days to send an Email lol it's 2022

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PeteC74

Thanks for your reply

We're working alongside Netflix to have the affected accounts issues resolved, unfortunately it's not as simple as just sending an email 😞

We'll be sure to keep you in the loop.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team