cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

benbmw1980
On our wavelength

I’m having a nightmare too. Started a new deal with Virgin at the end of March with Netflix included. Got the activation email sent and clicked on it etc. been using Netflix fine until this morning when I got emails from Netflix asking to update my payment information and telling me my Netflix account had been ‘paused’. Called Virgin who were no help saying it was activated on their records and fobbing me off to ring Netflix directly.I then called Netflix who found my details but went on to say that Virgin had not activated my account under my new package deal. Called Virgin AGAIN who said they would need to send me another activation email but could not do anything for the next 48 hours as they have an outage with Netflix (how convenient).

The two operators at Virgin did not have a clue what they were talking about which sounds very similar to the other comments on this thread. The customer service is beyond a joke and I’m now regretting staying with Virgin. They messed up setting up my new deal a few weeks ago and I’m sick to death of having to call up to get the most basic issues resolved.

Will definitely be looking to move away from them asap. Not impressed whatsoever.

171 REPLIES 171

Hi Stuart, 

Sincerest apologies for your experience with this Netflix issue and billing.  

I can see you are already PMing with my colleague Paul about your individual case, he will be best placed to support you via PM. 

I can appreciate your frustration, I have let my colleague know you have expressed further issues with your case in this thread, but please do discuss this further with them in the conversation you already have going. 
I will avoid discussing this further here to prevent any confusion. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we get this sorted. 

All the best! 

Molly

Martinb4
On our wavelength

Has anyone on this thread managed to resolve the Netflix issue?

Just wondering as all I can see are people not resolving yet Virgin are not putting out anything official . I appreciate the Forum team keep replying to individuals but Forum team where do you fit into the organisation?

Have a good evening all

still not rectified

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Martinb4

Thank you for your reply

My apologies for the inconvenience, I can see you have spoken to my colleague who raised this to our IT team - once we have an update we'll be sure to provide you so.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still No Email and still no Netflix🙄

Martinb4
On our wavelength
Hi Molly I spoke with Netflix this morning. They said they know of no ongoing issues with Virgin customers and are unaware of any discussions between the companies. As far as they are concerned all is working perfectly.

But it isn’t. Any update would be appreciated

Still No Email, Still No Netflix 

Hi wulliesimpson,

Sorry to hear you still haven't hear anything in regards to Netflix, have you checked all email folders including junk, have you also signed into your Online Account, to see if there is an activation button under the Netflix icon?

Regards

Paul.

Still the same old cut and paste reply that has been used to no effect for the last two months!

I have just spent over 1hr and 14mins on the phone to Virgin Still No Netflix all the operator keeps saying is click on the activate banner for Netflix. .there isn't one raised a complaint and it was instantly resolved with 5 credit but still don't have Netflix