cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

Brewerjohn
Tuning in

Well I have been trying for nearly 3 weeks now. Every day spoke with virginmedia on the phone and online and also spent over an hour with netflix. I have never received any email with or without any link or code. Even tried going back to my original oomph package. No longer exists I was told. So where do I go from here?? An absolute joke. What is the problem here??

77 REPLIES 77

Tractorboy
Rising star

There are many threads already on this long running saga..

However in none of them has it been explained exactly what the problem is. It sure is not just a missing email !

It appears to be some sort of technical problem between Virgin and Netflix with the activation link in both myvirginmedia and the app on the set top box.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Brewerjohn thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've not received your Netflix activation code.  I would love to help you get this resolved.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

Hi @Tractorboy thanks for also posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with getting your Netflix code.  I would love to help you.  I am also going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi there

I have just upgraded my package to the Ultimate Volt. I too am unclear how to activate the Netflix offer. Should I be receiving some sort of code? I currently have a Premium Netflix package but I have read somewhere that I can upgrade from the Standard Virgin Media offer by paying an extra £5 - how do I do this? I assume I will need to set up the VM Netflix offer as a new user...  

Hello @chris_starrett,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread. 

I am sorry for the issues with this.

You will need to use the email address in your existing Netflix account is registered under, for it to work.

Netflix should email you after 7 days of adding it to the account, if you haven't registered.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi thanks for the reply. I’m still not sure I understand. When you say ‘it’ what are you referring to? A code? If not, then what exactly are they adding to my account? 

Hi Chris, thank you for coming back to us! Sincerest apologies for any confusion here. 

When Netflix is added to your VM services as part of your package you should receive an email within 24 hours which includes an activation link to register your Netflix subscription, and choose which type of plan you would like (standard or premium). 

If you fail to register from the initial email you should then receive reminder emails, and an email from Netflix after 7 days.

We are aware that some customers have reported not receiving this email, however, in many of these instances they have been able to resolve the issue activating the Netflix service via their My Virgin Media account.  

If you log into your account you should see a 'Netflix' tile, with an 'Activation button' (screenshot below for reference.)

If you have not received any activation email please check your Junk and Spam folders. 
Failing this please check the My Virgin Media account for the Netflix tile / Activation. 

If neither of these options appear or work for you please do let us know and we can investigate further for you!

Hopefully this helps! Let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions or concerns. 

All the best! 

Molly

Hi I have same problem multiple phone calls to Virginmedia and still nothing ,
I have Ultimate Volt 2 activated it on 28th March , continuous problems with error codes on playback etc etc, Now finally resolved with latest software update, But still no Netflix Activation email or a activate netflix section in myvirginmedia account as above post shows , but it does state on the app that Netflix is included in my bundle and active.

Spoke to someone on the phone yesterday they said I have added it it should be available in 20 minutes just click the activation link in email,

and guess what still nothing.
Can someone please resolve this

Hi and thanks for the additional information. I haven't received any email from Netflix and there is no Netflix tile on my MyVirginMedia account page. Where is it located? The screenshot you sent me indicates it is below the info on latest bill but all I have in that space are tiles for checking service status, referring a friend, and Virgin Mobile sign-in. How do I find it?