cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation

woodsy1984
Dialled in

I am having a nightmare with getting my Netflix activated. I'm an ultimate volt customer and when the offer was lauched I chatted on Whatsapp with VM to add Netflix to my account. This involved taking out a new contract which has been emailed to me.

I was told I would receive a email with a link to activate Netflix within 24. This didn't arrive. I chatted again via WhatsApp and was this time told I would receive an email within 48 hours. Again this didn't arrive.

In the meantime I had a Netflix tab appear on my virgin media account on the website, with an activation button to click. When I click on this I get an error message saying try again later or try via set top box.

I have had three phone calls to VM help. One said this is a problem that is affecting some customers but offered no solution.

One told me to set up netflix and take a subscription to pay via Virgin Media bill. He said that no money would be taken as I have it included in my package. I did this, and then received an email from Netflix cancelling my membership as the "account could not be billed through virgin media."

I have had another phone call with VM help. They had me clear my cache and cookies. Disconnect my modem from my TV. Try from my phone, a laptop and via the V360 box.

I still cannot get access to Netflix. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a solution. I'm sick of spending hours on the phone, repeating myself, and still getting nowhere. 

284 REPLIES 284

fuz
Dialled in
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Netflix-nightmare/td-p/4980245.
You are not alone. Been going around in circles for over a week with this. It has been escalated to a VM manager but no timescale given,

I'm finding it ridiculous that most of the advisors you speak to have no idea about the problem despite it becoming more and more common

Have had the problem since 30/3 and still getting nowhere!

Same here. I'm getting more annoyed by the day!!

Hi woodsy1984,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, we are sorry to hear you are still facing issues with Netflix not being activated, this is something we are aware of and this is being looked into.

Regards

Paul.

With respect, if this is a known issue, why do the telephone advisors not know this information? Because I've spoken to at least 8 people about it and only one had any idea that it was going on. 

It's absolutely maddening to be going round in circles.

necs
Dialled in

Same here, numerous calls and WhatsApp chats to no avail.

Raised a complaint; how about this for an answer?

"Here's what we offer as a resolution:

Package > Extra info on package and product

We hope this works for you."

You couldn't make it up, I despair!

Thats what I got as a reply by email , then about 3 weeks later I got a phone call and was given a £20 customer experience credit and told an IT ticket was being raised and that complaint would stay open until access resolved. But it was closed and still waiting for a resolution.

canderso
On our wavelength

This is an absolute disgrace how a large company such as Virgin Media cannot manage their Nteflix subscriptions and what is worse their own Customer Service staff do not have a clue how to handle the complaints.  I have come over from 15 years at Sky and am now regretting making the move as the Customer Service experience is very poor compared to Sky.  If this is not sorted soon I will be cancelling and moving back to Sky.