cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation link???

pb1993
On our wavelength

Signed up to a new Virgin Media package two months ago which includes Netflix.

I was emailed an activation link which worked for a month, then I was emailed a second link which worked for a second month.

Now when I log into Netflix it asks me to update my payment information as my account is on hold.

I phoned Virgin Media and they told me that a lot of people are having this issue currently where their accounts are being wrongly put on hold. She said that I should receive a new activation link within 24h. Two days passed, nothing. I phoned up again and was told a new link would be sent out again. Two days passed, nothing (I also checked my junk folder).

Phoned up yesterday and the lady on the phone put me on hold for twenty two minutes and then hung up. I phoned again this morning (for the fourth time) and he said that there should be an “activate Netflix” link on the main page of My Virgin Media… there isn’t. Then he said that all he can do is email IT asking why I haven’t been sent a link and he couldn’t give me an indication of how long they will take to respond.

I’m not expecting to hear back to be honest. There seems to be a lot of forums on this so I know that I’m not the only one but I’m on the verge of giving up which is ridiculous because I’m currently paying for a service which I’m not getting.

49 REPLIES 49

pb1993
On our wavelength

I got told the same thing two weeks ago and I’m still being charged the full £95 p/m for my package…

Thank you for that information. I'm very to hear that pb1993. Have you had a bill since this has been applied?

^Martin

pb1993
On our wavelength

My last two bills were still charged at the full amount despite being told they’d be reduced by £10.99

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Just to double check - if the credit was applied 2 weeks ago, 2 bills wouldn't have generated in that time. I can see from the system that the credit has been applied - which means that it would have been from that point leading to your next bill having the credit appear. 

Please let us know when you receive the next months bill - as I assure you this will be on there 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

If it has been applied it should show up in upcoming charges , any credits I have received have shown up there almost immediately they have been agreed...

JamesB1
On our wavelength

Hi, Jodi.

Despite being  assured by the operator "Dylan" that he would telephone me as soon as he started work at 9:30am today, to confirm that £10.99 per month would be deducted from my VM bill for the remainder of my contract, it is now 13:50 and I have had no call. Really, I don't know what to think or believe. 

Regards, Jim 

pb1993
On our wavelength

Thanks Ryan,

I did mention to another VM worker who was dealing with this previously over DM whether I can have a rebate on all of the months that I’ve been trying to get this resolved as ultimately I’ve been paying for a service which I haven’t been given access to. He’s gone quiet on me, are you able to look into this please?

Hi JamesB1

Sorry to hear of that happening and I will feed it back. One thing to note, it won't be for the end of the contract as we should have that fixed way before then. It should be done therefore a month at a time. 

I'll send you a PM now to finalise this.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @pb1933

Thanks for coming back to the thread, sorry you've not heard back. I shall PM you now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

JamesB1
On our wavelength

No call today either. I really thought Dylan would not let me down. I'm really disappointed. Maybe time to leave VM. 😤