cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation link???

pb1993
On our wavelength

Signed up to a new Virgin Media package two months ago which includes Netflix.

I was emailed an activation link which worked for a month, then I was emailed a second link which worked for a second month.

Now when I log into Netflix it asks me to update my payment information as my account is on hold.

I phoned Virgin Media and they told me that a lot of people are having this issue currently where their accounts are being wrongly put on hold. She said that I should receive a new activation link within 24h. Two days passed, nothing. I phoned up again and was told a new link would be sent out again. Two days passed, nothing (I also checked my junk folder).

Phoned up yesterday and the lady on the phone put me on hold for twenty two minutes and then hung up. I phoned again this morning (for the fourth time) and he said that there should be an “activate Netflix” link on the main page of My Virgin Media… there isn’t. Then he said that all he can do is email IT asking why I haven’t been sent a link and he couldn’t give me an indication of how long they will take to respond.

I’m not expecting to hear back to be honest. There seems to be a lot of forums on this so I know that I’m not the only one but I’m on the verge of giving up which is ridiculous because I’m currently paying for a service which I’m not getting.

49 REPLIES 49

Tractorboy
Rising star

A very familiar story !

With a complete lack of any official explanation or updates from Virgin.

Join the ever expanding club waiting for a fix..

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pb1993,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we appreciate this issue has been ongoing and is as advised effecting a lot of customers, we are working to get this resolved and will update all customers as soon as we have further updates.

Regards

Paul. 

pb1993
On our wavelength

OH MY GOD THIS ACTUALLY WORKS!!

I’ve phoned Virgin Media 6x over the past two weeks trying to get this sorted and you’ve solved it within two lines, thank you so much.

The real question is why are none of the window lickers in the call centre aware of this?

This solution really needs to be put out to the wider community…

Hi PB1993, so pleased we were able to get this issue sorted for you!

Please do return to this thread and let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

All the best! 

Molly

pb1993
On our wavelength

You literally did nothing. Are you guys actually for real?

It now also says that the billing has been added onto my existing package yet I’m already paying for it? 

Hey @pb1993, thank you for reaching back out to us, and I am so sorry about the Netflix issues.

This was an issues at our end and all impacted customers should now be able to access their Netflix service. You will receive an email to re-register for Netflix and restore access to content shortly. 

If you haven't got this email, please can you go to your online account and go to Netflix you should see an activate button there.

Please keep me updated. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

pb1993
On our wavelength

No email received, followed the link which takes you to a tab which says "Manage Netflix" and the tab isn't even linked to anything. You literally can't clink on it.

Customer service has been absolutely abysmal, this (apparently very common) issue has been going on for weeks and I'm still no fufther forward.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @pb1993,

I am sorry that it is not working for you.

On your online account, can you see an activate button on there?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pb1993
On our wavelength

Nope, there is no “activate Netflix” button. This is what the VM people on the end of the phone always ask me to look for but it’s never been there.