cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account on Hold, Why?

KeithS7
Tuning in

I have received an email from Netflix saying that my account is on hold and I need to add a payment method to start watching again, I have the Volt package which has Netflix included, I haven't changed my package.

Why have Virgin stopped paying Netflix???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KeithS7
Tuning in

Quick update, got an activation email today 👍.

I don't think it was through the forum, I'd contacted Virgin through their WhatsApp group.

Registered with them on Monday and got contacted by someone on Tuesday, went through the usual questions which eventually led to the IT ticket being raised.

The IT ticket was raised on Tuesday and the email was received today (Thursday).

And the email worked 😮 🤞.

Cheers

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KeithS7,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with this. Have you recently changed your package to a Netflix-inclusive bundle? Can you please head over to My Virgin Media and you should see a "Netflix" box, with an "Activate" or "Manage" button - this should allow you to re-connect your services.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Reece_MH, 

I've tried what you've put forward, I get a "Manage Your Netflix Plan" option, when I press it it then takes me to a page that has a button that says " Manage Netflix".

It is the only thing on that page, when I press the button nothing happens. (it may not be a button but just a heading, nothing else on the page)

I've uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and got the same results.

Is there something else either I or you could do?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KeithS7,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to try checking the Manage Netflix button on an alternative browser, or with Incognito Mode? Have you received any emails to the email registered on your Virgin Media Account? We may have issued you an activation link.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi @Reece_MH

I've tried the link on several platforms, phone app standard and incognito, pc (2 of) standard and incognito with the same result as previous.

I did get an email from virgin media telling me that Netflix has been suspended due to the Netflix payment method being changed (not by me, as it's part of the bundle).

There is a link in the email but it takes me to the unresponsive Manage Netflix button.

Hi

I'm having the same issue. Netflix account is suspended. The Manage Netflix button doesn't do anything. Not had any activation email either. Pls help. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

KeithS7, read some of the other threads on Netflix activation.  It's the most monstrous screw up by VM, it's been going on for something like five months now, and the company seem to treat every new report as a complete surprise - "is it your browser?" "can you clear the cache?" "it'll work tomorrow, honest", "are you in North Korea?", "please check your spam folder"  etc etc.

In terms of what you can do about it, I'm sorry there's no good, guaranteed to work advice.  You just have to keep coming back here, or banging your head against the brick wall of VM's telephone support until somebody accidentally knocks the hidden and undocumented "activate this valued customer's Netflix" switch.

I'm pleased to report my Netflix is and has worked flawlessly for the past couple of years.  But that's because I haven't involved Hamfist plc (t/a Virgin Media Consumer Bunglers) in any aspect of organising the service or paying the bill.

KeithS7 and others with same issue..

I may be wrong but what I am assuming has happened is that all the users that have posted recently that Netflix has been suspended have not actually had the email with the correct link ( it is sent from streaming services at virgin media) and that upon dodgy advice from customer services on all platforms ( forum team here , whatts app , offshore call centres , twitter) have taken the option on the box or the tile in your accountthat says activate Netflix which then gives you the option PAY via Virgin (standard package £10.99 per month). This has never been the working option , it always leads to being charged or works for a while before you get the email from Netflix saying account is cancelled / suspended.

Despite them being told many times on here the forum staff still insist on sending copy and paste replies encouraging this !!

I guess there has been a recent purge by Netflix to clear those accounts hence several users having the problem at the same time.

If this is the case you have to join all the others waiting for the IT team working at snails pace to add the codes and issue the email with the link.

Thank you for letting us know @KeithS7.

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache in your web browser to see if the issue with the link persists?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes all of the above, uninstalled and reinstalled everything related to Virgin on both Mobile Phone and PC.