cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account hacked, email changed

JerryMouse
Tuning in

Hi - I've had my VirginMedia account hacked. I've since changed all details that were part of my account.

But, they managed to get in to my Netflix account, and have changed all the details, including the email address associated with it. I've been backward and forward all week trying to resolve the issue as Virgin keep passing me on to Netflix and vice versa.

Netflix are saying (I've spoken to 4 people, including supervisors), that they can't change any details on my account without a service code. I can't get a service code without access to the email address linked to the account.

Virgin were saying that they can't cancel my Netflix as it's part of the deal linked to my account, they'd have to supply me with a brand new deal to take off Netflix, and this was substantially more than the deal I have now, as I have a lot of discounts associated with my account. I was originally told that Netflix would be taken off, and I would be made a new Netflix account with my new email details, that was 5 days ago and I have heard nothing.

I rang again this morning, was on the phone for over 3 hours trying to resolve it, and nothing, apart from in the end  'You'll have to go back to Netflix, it's their problem', which I did, only to be told 'It's a VM account, go back to them'.

I called VM back again after lunch, with another attempt to resolve it. I have been told now that Netflix has been taken off my account, apparently a form has been sent to delete it from my account, I have a reference number, and just to wait 24 hours until my deal is updated.

Can someone from VM get in touch with me to clarify if this is the case please? Or if I'm just continuing to bang my head against a wall.

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JerryMouse, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with trying to get this issue sorted. The problem is that even though you may have taken Netflix as a result of the deal with Virgin Media, we are only a payment provider for it and don't have any way to manage the Netflix account itself so anything relating to the Netflix account directly, would need to be done via Netflix. 

If they are unable to recover your Netflix account then you would need to create a new Netflix account instead. 

I can see the teams already actioned removing Netflix on your VM account so to add a different Netflix account now, you would need to reactivate things. Please create a new Netflix account with them and then sign in to My Virgin Media. There will be a Netflix tile. Please try clicking on this and entering in your new Netflix account details to reactivate things. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Thanks for the message. I just want Netflix removing from my account. I don't want a new one. I've been passed from pillar to post for a week, and have been told numerous times it's been sorted, only to find it hasn't, that's why I've questioned whether or not the request has actually been put in this time.

I was told yesterday I will get a new deal for the same price I pay now, just without Netflix. That's all I require, I just want peace of mind this is happening, as although it's just a Netflix account, it's still something that's been stolen and  needs rectifying.

Thanks.

Hi JerryMouse, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

There wouldn't be any new deal as your current deal will continue. The Netflix option will remain there if you chose to reactivate however in terms of the payment being provided to Netflix for the hacked account - this has already been stopped. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

I was told by a VM advisor yesterday at 12.39 on the phone that Netflix will be taken off, a new deal starting with no Netflix, and I'll get an email with my updated deal. That is the 2nd time in a week I've been told this, hence why I'm questioning what I've been told, and dubious to believe it.

As long as you say now that the hacker can no longer access my Netflix,  I'm happy with that.

Thanks.

Hi JerryMouse, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one again. 

When changing the account package itself, any discounts associated with the package would be removed which would obviously affect the price you pay per month. Instead the teams have just disabled the Netflix package so no payment is sent to the account you no longer have access too. 

Currently, Netflix will remain as an open on your package though so you can choose to activate this at a later time if you want to with a new Netflix account. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi JerryMouse, 

Thanks for chatting with me and Kath in our Private Messages 🤗

I hope you feel a little better now that we've got this sorted for you. 

If you need any further help or advice, please don't hesitate to ask! 

Thanks,

Megan_L