cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account cancelled by virgin

Richardlong68
Joining in

Received this email this morning

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 9th May 2022."

I've seen other posts where moderators have said that virgin are aware and virgin have fixed the issue, but obviously they haven't. 

As the customer- what do I have to do now? 

Wait? If so , how long for. Sign up again? 

54 REPLIES 54

Fix doesn't work for me. Asks me to add card details. No option via VM. Had a PM earlier sayings it's gone to their IT dept to solve in 3 to 5 days. They have been getting these complaints for 4 weeks from others. Tried ringing but unless you want to add / buy stuff it's impossible to get through. Don't think they've paid netflix the bill they get. Solution it seems is to not pay them the netflix fees and arrange it yourself. Bit of a naughty one when volt customers get it included. Vm should be wearing a mask.

this fix will ONLY work if you try to rejoin through your set top box and ONLY your set top box. If you do it online/via your phone it will ask for card details/paypal and the vm bill option wont be there. It HAS to be through the set top box.

his fix will ONLY work if you try to rejoin through your set top box and ONLY your set top box. If you do it online/via your phone it will ask for card details/paypal and the vm bill option wont be there. It HAS to be through the set top box.

I have managed to sort this myself, and it is so maddening that it has taken 2 weeks to do.

All I had to do is log onto Netflix from the Tivo set and restart Netflix. Not rocket science but it appears most folks, like myself, were trying to log on via a smart Tv and the internet. This easy fix should have been circulated by Virgin to all customers.

Virgin have, no doubt, made customers log back into Netflix to hide the fact that they have increased the monthy fee by £2

Latest from VM

It does show that Netflix Add-On is still active on your account, and it is very strange that your Netflix account was disconnected from our system. 

What did the team over at Netflix state?

I have updated the IT ticket with our new findings so we will have to monitor and manage your IT ticket further for this issue to be resolved. 

I understand that you're unhappy with this situation. I have raised a complaint for you. 

I will be responsible for your complaint and ensure that this issue is resolved and you're happy with the results before we close the complaint. 

I will investigate this issue further and do all I can to have this issue resolved for you.

Thank you.

It is active because I have reconnected! Netflix state that this is all a Virgin issue, which started when Netflix put up their prices. As the majortity of Virgin staff where unaware that Netflix had to be restarted from the Tivo box ONLY many customers have been without Netflix. I had been without for 2 weeks. Just seems a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing!

Thanks @jetman666 your fixed worked for me 😊😊😊

Just a shame the team at VM cant be as helpful

Hi jetman. Worked for me. Notice if you watch on 2 screens price has gone up 3 pounds. Default renewal is 15.99 when you click renew. Be careful when you do this. Thanks for doing something virgin should have been able to do from day 1.

Yep noticed this I changed it to hd

Hi All, thank you for keeping this thread updated!

Sincerest apologies to any of those affected with this Netflix Billing and activation issue. We are working hard, in collaboration with Netflix to try and get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Really glad to hear that activating the service through your TV box has been working as a fix for many of you. 

Please do keep us updated if this changes and the issue returns, or let us know if you need further support. 

Thank you for your patience throughout this process! 
All the best. 

Molly