cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account cancelled by virgin

Richardlong68
Joining in

Received this email this morning

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 9th May 2022."

I've seen other posts where moderators have said that virgin are aware and virgin have fixed the issue, but obviously they haven't. 

As the customer- what do I have to do now? 

Wait? If so , how long for. Sign up again? 

54 REPLIES 54

Cheers for the heads up. I won't be surprised but it is the method that both Netflix and vm support told me to do and right now it's working fine so if you are in the middle of a boxset and desperate to watch something then do this and binge hard while it's working lol

Hi jamesashton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're impacted by the overall issue and that you've not received any emails and there's no activation button. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I havre to same issues. Travis from your team is supposed to be looking into this. This is a large problem for many customers and Virgin seem to be doing little to help!  Please get our netflix back

mjayne
Tuning in
Exactly the same for me - I am currently being given the run around with VM saying its Netflix error and Netflix saying the VM cancelled my account!

All very frustrating

We need to make formal complaints about this! 

jetman666
On our wavelength

It's definitely vm's fault. Netflix told me it's cancelled for non payment of subs by virgin media. Ie vm are not sending payments so Netflix auto cancel

They (VM) are just going round in circles - been talking to them on WhatsApp for over 3 hours now and all I get is "let me check your account" - I can see my account, I have talked to Netflix and they said VM stopped paying the subscription! I have asked for a manager and all I get told is please allow me time to check your account!!!

MY ACCOUNT WAS FINE UNTIL YOU CANCELLED MY NETFLIX    AAAARGGGGHHHH !!!!

There is obviously a connect between the announcement that Netflix is going up to £6.99 and VM cancelling subscriptions but they just won't admit anything

@jetman666 Thank you, this worked for me. 😀

jetman666
On our wavelength

Mjayne just follow my fix and you will be sorted in 10mins

I am now being told you can’t get Netflix as an add on!

You can only get it as part of a package!

Whats going on