cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix account cancelled by virgin

Richardlong68
Joining in

Received this email this morning

"Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Monday, 9th May 2022."

I've seen other posts where moderators have said that virgin are aware and virgin have fixed the issue, but obviously they haven't. 

As the customer- what do I have to do now? 

Wait? If so , how long for. Sign up again? 

54 REPLIES 54

Hi @Richardlong68,

Thank you for coming back to us. We're glad to hear that your issue is now resolved and your Netflix services are working again.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

I am having the same problem as these guys.

I recently changed my package, the new package has Netflix included, but I now have had the same email as above:

Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Tuesday, May 10th, 2022.

I have not received any email to re-activate Netflix, I also just looked in my Virgin Media account and there's nothing to activate it in there. Please can someone assist?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jamesashton,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Netflix account after your package change.

We are aware that this issue has impacted some customers and our team is working on resolving this issue as we speak. Please keep an eye out for any emails you receive from us in the next few days and please keep an eye on your online account for any Netflix Activation buttons. We're doing all we can to have this issue resolved for our customers.

Keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

All we get is excuse after excuse!!

I have been round and round the house’s with this issue.

Virgin media must do better…they are treating customers with utter contempt. 

I also have the same problem 😞

Also, I have noticed that I have been charged for Netflix on my bill.  I did change my package a while ago as I was going to switch to Sky due to cost, I was offered a discount and told that Netflix would be included for no extra charge (as Sky).

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nbaker,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing a similar issue after you amended your package to include Netflix.

We are aware that our customers have been impacted by this and we do apologise. We're working our way through the impacted systems to have this issue cleared and resolved as soon as we can. 

I understand that you've been charged for your Netflix bill which is a slightly different issue to what the other community members are experiencing. We would encourage you to create a separate post about your query so our team can investigate further into this if you've not been in touch with the team directly.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Been going on for ages. Flagged this 2 days ago and instead of a global fix treating it on a case by case basis. Useless. Asking stupid questions about tiles and usernames. Cannot speak to anyone on the phone. Back to sky for me.

Hi @Mikus1973 thanks for your post here in the community although I do apologise to hear you're still affected.

I can see you're communicating with a colleague via PM so please allow them time to respond to your latest message.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Same issue, apparently cancelled by Virgin on 7 May so have now been without a service for a week and have nothing to watch on a Saturday evening even though above posts suggest it's a known issue and "being sorted", please resolve and provide compensation for the lost period/inconvenience

Hi Debs19671

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the Netflix issue. Can you check your email folders for any activation emails? If nothing there check the junk folders for me as it may have accidently gone in there. Also can you check your online account for any 'activation' button?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill