cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Showing As Active But Not Working

iecuk
Joining in

Afternoon,

I have been experiencing issues like many others after receiving an email on 5th April advising that I could get Netflix at no extra cost as part of my Ultimate Volt bundle. I followed the link as directed, but never received any emails after this. 

WhatsApp support did indicate that I was entitled to it, but were unable to help. When I go through My Virgin Media App, it shows that Netflix is activated and included as part of my bundle, but I have never been able to link my existing account to it (which is currently unsubscribed). There has never been an activate button on the Manage Streaming page. 

Given the developments in the last 24 hours, I had hoped to received my activation email, but nothing yet. 

Please can someone advise as I would really like to draw a line under this and get my exisiting account (different email address) linked up. 

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

stuartgreen
Dialled in

we are all still waiting

Hi @iecuk and @stuartgreen,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with the Netflix Activation.

We were aware of an issue affecting some customers activating Netflix as part of their deal; this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email once your account is resolved with further details. 

If you've not received an email, please can you now check your My Virgin Media account for the 'activate' button?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The problem has not been fixed ..

Seems a few people got an email yesterday but very many of us have not received it so far , and all of those posting are saying that the activate button is not solving the problem.

This is far from fixed !!!

Please can one of the mods actually make contact with the team that is supposed to be sorting this and give us an honest update.

We have been fobbed off for 6 weeks now.

iecuk
Joining in

I have double checked, definitely no email and the only button I have is to Manage Netflix which opens a pop up telling me to login to Netflix and manage my subscription there (but I don't have any account with Netflix that is associated to Virgin yet). 

There is definitely no Activate button.

Thanks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Iceuk, 

Thank you for your post, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Netflix.

We were aware of an issue affecting some customers activating Netflix as part of their deal; this issue has been resolved and we are in the process of rectifying affected accounts. You should receive an email once your account is resolved with further details.

Zoie

iecuk
Joining in

Having tried WhatsApp support earlier today, I was told that Netflix wasn't listed on my account as part of the package (despite the email on 6th, and my account showing as "Active" and "Included In Package"). When I sent the agent screenshots of the email and my account page confirming the above, she added it to my package and has said I should receive an activation email in the next 24 hours. 

I will update this thread when I receive the email or once that time has passed. 

Thanks.

It looks like the WhatsApp support managed to get this sorted for me. An activate email landed in my inbox just after midnight, and I was able to use my exisiting Netflix account (different email) for the sign-up. 

Hopefully this all stays active as it should and my Virgin account billing remains the same (bill due to land in a few days time). h

If you can screenshot your account showing the service as active and included and also the original sign-up email or confirmation of your package, WhatsApp support may be your quickest solutions here.

Cheers.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @iecuk,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update on your Netflix issue. I'm glad to hear that this is now resolved and you're able to access your Netflix services.

Let us know if you need any further assistance or help going forward. 

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs