cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - Moving to Virgin when I have a Premium account already

Jedra7609
Tuning in

Hi,

I currently have a Netflix Premium Ultra HD account.  I have recently upgraded my Virgin account which provides Netflix Standard as part of the package (they are currently emailing me every day asking me to activate it!).

If I move the Netflix Account to Virgin, do I just pay a supplement to the cost to keep my Premium Netflix account or does it get downgraded?  If the former, how much is it extra - I can't seem to find any information on that.

Also reading these forums, people seem to be having a lot of trouble with Netflix on Virgin with accounts being randomly cancelled.  If my Netflix account gets cancelled, my teenage children will commit patricide!!!

Am I better to leave my Netflix account where it is?  I would like to save a bit of cash by not paying for it twice but I don't want the aggro of having to fight Virgin when it goes wrong!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jedra7609 

If all goes well when activating netflix as part of the VM billing then you would be charged an additional £5 per month if you were to upgrade it to the Netflix Premium Plan

There's info available on the following Digital-life/Virgin-Media-top-bundles-now-include-Netflix  page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

clowns202
On our wavelength

I am no longer sure of additional pricing for Netflix - my sister still has problems accessing hers through Virgin Media and the last time she called they tried to sell her a sim card.

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jedra7609 

If all goes well when activating netflix as part of the VM billing then you would be charged an additional £5 per month if you were to upgrade it to the Netflix Premium Plan

There's info available on the following Digital-life/Virgin-Media-top-bundles-now-include-Netflix  page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ok, thanks for that.

I think I will keep my eye on the forums for a while and hold off converting it for now.