cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Cancelled - Out of the Blue

maf1012
Tuning in

Hi there,

I received an email from Netflix yesterday........

We're sorry to say goodbye

Unfortunately, Virgin Media has let us know that your account could not be billed through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective from Friday, 13th May 2022.

If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.

Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure enough I tried to watch an episode of a Netflix show today and I no longer have access.

My recent Virgin bill states that I am still paying for Netflix.

I also received another email from Netflix previously...........

New pricing

The cost of your plan has changed. This change takes effect Monday, 6th June 2022. You can view your updated membership details by visiting your Account.

Plan Standard

New Plan Price £10.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently playing £9.99 via my Virgin Media Bill.

I decided, last year, to pay and use Netflix via Virgin Media for convenience.

When will this issue be resolved so I can start watching Netflix through my Virgin service again?

15 REPLIES 15

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @maf1012 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I appreciate this is frustrating - this is an issue that's affected a large number of customers, but emails are filtering through with re-activation buttons in the next few days.

In the meantime though, there should be an option through your My Virgin Media account, with a Netflix category and a purple Activate button to do this through here - I do hope this helps. 

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Tom_W1 thanks for getting back to me.

I couldn't find an option through My Virgin Media account, with a Netflix category with a purple Activate button to do this through there.

The only mention of Netflix is on my current bill dated 4th May to be paid 23rd May.

Just checked Netflix via the Virgin box and it still says "Sorry, this account is no longer active".

"In the meantime though, there should be an option through your My Virgin Media account, with a Netflix category and a purple Activate button to do this through here - I do hope this helps. "

This message is being posted as an answer by forum staff but.... either users do not have the button or it returns an error.

I cannot recall a single poster saying that this works!

Thanks for getting back to us maf1012,

Thanks for checking for the activation button, I've raised an IT ticket for you regarding this.

As soon as we have an update for it we'll let you know.

Alex_Rm

Billy01
Joining in

Same thing happened to me 8 days . I called Virgin , was told one wrong thing and then tried again where a decent fellow listened to me , understood , took time to try to cancel my Netflix subscriptionj on Virgin but was unable to. He said his manager would call me back , 8 days later nothing. What is galling is that Virgin continue to charge me for a service that they are no longer providing , cancelled themselves  and seem incapable , not to mention reluctant to own the problem

Im pretty sure that charging for a service you are no longer providing is illegal

Come on Virgin sort this out and dont bury your heads in the sand about it

HI Billy01. 

Sorry to read the above, 

Can I just ask how long have you had Netflix with us for and did it work before?

If its not been activated through your online account then you will not be charged for it

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth , I subscribed to Netflix through my Virgin account about 18 months ago and have never had any problems  , I received the email mentioned above on Saturday evening 7th May , I went straight to Netflix which I access through a Firestick. Netflix had cancelled my account. I spoke to a helpdesk twice on Sunday 8th , once I was told to go back in and login and everything would be fine. I did this and found I had subscribed to Netflix through Paypal. . I then thought 'easy enough' I ll ring Virgin again and ask them to cancel my Netflix subscription charge as I am now paying this off my own bat.This is where things got worse  The chap I spoke who was sympathetic said (and I still find this amazing)he was unable to cancel the Netflix subscription I pay through Virgin. He said a line manager would call me back to discuss this and since then nothing and looking at my account I still see that I am paying Virgin for a service that they cancelled with Netflix but for which Virgin is still charging me and nobody is willing or able to explain to me quite how Virgin is incapable of doing a simple thing like cancel Netflix on my account. All I want is that Virgin stop charging me for Netflix , the service they cancelled , but for which I am still paying.. Just to inform you as well that I was advised to go to Netflix and cancel ny subscription but as I explained all that would achieve would be to cancel the Netflix subscription I d set up myself as Virgin had already cancelled my original subscription

Its a frustrating sequence of events that does little for  my regard of Virgin

Many thanks to @jetman666

"Re: Netflix account cancelled by virgin

yesterday

OK as an update, after talking to both virgin support and Netflix, my working solution is to go on Netflix through your set top box, sign in using your old username/password. Then click restart membership and, for me, it already said to be billed through virgin media so I didn't have to change anything but apparently there is an option when choosing payment methods to be billed through your vm account. All is now working. Even kept all my profiles because I signed in with previous credentials. Give it a try people. Still poor of of vm not to pay Netflix so they cancel your sub just because of a price increase but hey not surprised after years of being with vm "

I tried this and it worked.

Careful when you select your package though - the default on my settings was the premium service - had to manually change it to the standard package which now costs £10.99.

Hope this helps you guys who are experiencing this problem.

Hi Billy01, 

I can look into this possible charge for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L