cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Activation

LW2022
Joining in

Just changed my package so it now includes Netflix but I haven't received the activation email and I've checked Junk and Spam.  Was told over the phone I should receive this within 24 hours of changing package, but that's over 10 days ago now.

I don't seem to receive any emails from Virgin (except for my bill!) but the email address is correct on my account.  I haven't had one confirming the new package.

Also tried activating Netflix via My Virgin Media but when I click Activate it just whirrs for 10-15 seconds then goes back to the original page.

Is the Netflix plan included Standard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @LW2022, we would need to log this with our IT support team but to do this I would need to take a few details via private message to be able to do this. Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LW2022, welcome to the community!

Thank you for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of these issues with your Netflix Activation. 

Before bringing you into a private message to investigate further if you can please confirm:

-You have tried activating the service via your TV box. 

-Your package change did not include the downgrade of any services (these take 30 days to process, and so you would still be awaiting your package change)

-If you receive any error message after activating the service through My virgin Media.

Thank you! Following this we will offer further support. All the best!

Molly

Hi Molly

I haven't tried activating it via the TV box as one of the threads I read said not to do this.

There were no downgrade of services that I was aware of

There isn't an error message in My Virgin Media - I just get the whirring Virgin Media symbol as though it is doing something, then just goes back to the original screen with the option to Activate.

Thanks for coming back to us @LW2022.

Please could you try to activate your Netflix account once more but this time in incognito mode within your browser?

Regards,

Steven_L

What does incognito mode mean I have to do?  I did clear all cookies before trying.

Thanks for coming back to us @LW2022, In Incognito mode, none of your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms are saved on your device. Sometimes this helps to load pages on your online account as it doesn't load from your cached files. 

Regards,

Steven_L

I tried that, but still got the same whirring with the message "Just a moment while we redirect you to Netflix...." and then back to the home screen with the activate button

Thanks for coming back to us @LW2022, we would need to log this with our IT support team but to do this I would need to take a few details via private message to be able to do this. Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @LW2022, I have raised this with our IT support team and we will be in touch once we have any further updates from the support team. 

Regards,

Steven_L