cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Activation - sort of.

MJN74
Tuning in

Apologies if this has been covered already and feel free to merge if this is the case.

I am looking to close off my direct debit standalone Netflix subscription and add it to my Virgin package. I already use my existing Netflix login details to watch through the TV360 box. I'm presuming that I would not need another activation email? I did receive one originally but I believe it timed out and might have been more for new users.

How and where would I change my payment details in my account, Netflix or VM? My concern would be loss of service during the transition, as this seems to have been problematic.

As an addition to this, I would need to upscale from the free basic package to match my current UHD. How would I do this? Sorry for any confusion I may have caused or repetition on this subject.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey MJN74,

Yes that is correct, you should be able to signup via your TV box to add the subscription to your existing package with us.

If you have any issues with this please let us know here and we will be able to help further. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MJN74 

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/virgin-media-billing-with-netflix 

What if I already have an active Netflix subscription?

If you’d like to add Netflix to your Virgin Media bill, you’ll need to cancel your current Netflix subscription and wait until the subscription period ends.

When your existing Netflix subscription ends, you can go ahead and sign up to Netflix again – either on the Virgin TV box or in My Virgin Media Netflix will let you know if any subscription offers are available when you restart your subscription.

How can I manage my Netflix account?

It's easy to change your Netflix plan at any time. Simply sign in to your Netflix account at www.netflix.com/youraccount to manage your account, including your plan details.

For any queries about your Netflix subscription, please visit Netflix’s Help Centre.

Any changes to your Netflix subscription will be added to your Virgin Media bill and shown in the My Bills section of your My Virgin Media account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks @newapollo

I've cancelled my existing subscription and will look at signing up through the set top box once this months subscription ends (24th).
I read elsewhere that when trying to sign up again, there is an option on screen for payment through VM. Could anyone confirm if this is correct? I use the same email address on both my VM and Netflix accounts, so I'm hoping it will be a seamless transition.I believe the original activation email may now have an expired link.
Just trying to prevent any interruption of service and having any earache from the family 🙂

Hey MJN74,

Yes that is correct, you should be able to signup via your TV box to add the subscription to your existing package with us.

If you have any issues with this please let us know here and we will be able to help further. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks @Steven_L

Exactly as your reply - I managed to add via my TV box this morning. The option wasn't available in my phone app or through the Netflix site directly when I checked earlier - TV box only, just in case anyone else has the same question in the future. Also the option to include Premium at an additional cost (which was my previous subscription)

Thanks for your help 🙂

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great to hear. 

Please do reach out if you require any further assistance. 

Nat