cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Account problem

jfman0
Joining in

I signed up for Ultimate Volt in June. In the process of activating Netflix I accidentally linked the wrong account (which is paid for through Sky) as opposed to setting up a new one.

I phoned Virgin and after half an hour they advised to contact Netflix, who are unable to do anything because as far as they are concerned the account is managed via Sky, not Virgin.

Can anyone advise the process of unlinking my Virgin account from the wrong Netflix account so I can set up a new one?

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jfman0, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues with your Netflix account.

Can you please log into this via Netflix here, and change the payment method as this should unlink it 🙂 

Please keep us posted on this.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I’m unable to change this with Netflix as the account is being billed through Sky. The change billing details page reads as follows:

YOUR MEMBERSHIP

Plan

Standard
  • Date
    Description
    Service period
    Payment method
    Total
  • Your membership is included with Sky. Contact Sky for billing details.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, I would advise you to reach out to Sky for them to deactivate the account, we would be unable to do so.

Zoie

That wouldn’t resolve my issue - while Netflix would tell Sky the account has been deactivated they’d have no reason to notify Virgin Media so I’d be in the same boat where Virgin believe the accounts are linked when they are not at the Netflix end and VM would not permit me to create a new account.

I want that account to continue, paid for through Sky, while having a separate account paid for as part of my Volt subscription.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are you able to log into Netflix with the sky details? We are unable to edit it from our end, you need to change the payment details on the account you entered to unlink the account.

We cannot edit this.

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

There’s no way for me to edit this with Netflix and when I explained this in their live chat they said as far as they are concerned the account has no links to Virgin Media. It’s only VM systems that believe they are linked.

Can “free Netflix” be removed from my account and re-added to allow me to set up a new account? This presumably results in Virgin telling Netflix that the accounts are no longer linked which they can disregard anyway as there is no link at their end.

The account wouldn't currently have any connection to ourselves as you have entered Sky details. You don't need to mention ourselves at this point. You just need them to remove the Sky details. Once that is done, you can then ask them to link it to ourselves.

^Martin