cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbour connected through land belonging to our property

jadexco
On our wavelength

Noticed recently that Virgin brown box has been installed on neighbour house very close to the boundary.

On closer inspection, the cable from it runs through land belonging to our property and then ends in  our connection pipe buried under the pavement.

Their pipe is a few metres down the road (every house in a terrace has its dedicated pipe running from the manhole).

Nobody gave the permission to dig and bury the cable and nobody has ever asked.

We want this cable to be removed pronto and won't accept being fobbed off and transferred from one telephone operator to another. In my eyes, that cable has been laid unlawfully.

I just can't accept that Virgin guy and the neighbour "agreed" between themselves to laid cable through someone else's property without consent and didn't even bother to ask for it.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Photos would certainly help here.

@jadexco wrote:

I just can't accept that Virgin guy and the neighbour "agreed" between themselves to laid cable through someone else's property without consent and didn't even bother to ask for it.

On a practical basis, it's entirely possible that's exactly what's happened. As for the rights & wrongs of that, that's a different thing entirely.

How you proceed here could also depend on how well you get on with your neighbours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks