cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negotiating a new contract.

Psychohetty
Tuning in

Hi,

My partner is the billpayer and his contract is about to end. The amount quoted is way beyond his means so he needs negotiate a deal similar to what he currently has now. A the end of the month he won't be tied into a package and wants to see if Virgin can offer him the same deal, the cheaper the better. I've found deals with higher broadband speed for less from BT and Sky, although he'd prefer to stay with Virgin if they can give him a deal matching what his deal is now as it would be less hassle for him. The problem is he is deaf, and as his partner/carer, I usually speak for him on the phone but due to a chronic throat problem, I am unable to. Is there any way to sort this out via an alternative means of communication, such as an online chat service like I did with this last package. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Psychohetty (loving the nickname). 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Do try the Whatsapp message option suggested 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Psychohetty 

Have you tried signing into /my-virgin-media/home ?  DScroll down and click on the Upgrade package link  There may be some offers there for you, and possibly an link to chat online. 

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours though phone calls take priority.

I suggest that you try the online chat messenger on this page first and start the cancellation process 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving  

You get better discounts by contacting Retentions aka Cancellations (thinking of leaving us) They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. If they won't play ball then push them to cancel.

Well done in finding deals with higher broadband speed for less from BT and Sky - use them as your negotiating tool, they should see you mean business.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo, 

We've tried to the sign-in thing but they're only offering the same package for more £20 more which is beyond what we can afford. I'll try the WhatsApp thing next.

Thanks

Psychohetty
Tuning in

Hi,

Please could a Virgin person on here would help me with this:

"My partner is the billpayer and his contract is about to end. The amount quoted is way beyond his means so he needs negotiate a deal similar to what he currently has now. A the end of the month he won't be tied into a package and wants to see if Virgin can offer him the same deal, the cheaper the better. I've found deals with higher broadband speed for less from BT and Sky, although he'd prefer to stay with Virgin if they can give him a deal matching what his deal is now as it would be less hassle for him. The problem is he is deaf, and as his partner/carer, I usually speak for him on the phone but due to a chronic throat problem, I am unable to. Is there any way to sort this out via an alternative means of communication, such as doing it on here through private message like I did with the last package" 

Hi @Psychohetty (loving the nickname). 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Do try the Whatsapp message option suggested 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill