cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to speak to UK call centre urgently!

Fedupcustomer87
Joining in

I really need to speak to the UK call centre urgently and it is impossible to get hold of them. 

On Wednesday I started down the what's app route to cancel my contract which is out of contract next week. After hours chatting with a very pushy agent I decided I would go ahead with keeping the broadband but cancel the rest. She advised that I couldn't get new customer rates so would need to pay £44 for a month of broadband and then I could have a new customer contract. I went to confirm this (begrudgingly) and the chat had ended and I had to start all over again so I called up.

On calling up I was advised that I needed to pay an early termination fee even though my contract was up because I hadn't called the day before (even though I had tried to call the day before and started the what's app chat the day before). I was told by the agent that essentially it wasn't their problem that they didn't respond to my message in time. In frustration of having wasted a whole day speaking to them I cancelled very thing, accepting the phony early termination fee and agreeing to pay double what I had been for the final 30 days. 

Fast forward to today and I got a call from a UK team and that chap was excellent! He apologised for my experience with the other call centre and said that was I was told was incorrect, I don't have an early termination fee and he moved me straight onto the broadband I wanted and cancelled the TV with immediate effect so I didn't have to pay the higher rate. Amazing I thought!

Then I realised I wouldn't have TV over the weekend (sky coming next week) so thought I'd call up to speak to the fab chap again and ask to move the date to next week to coincide with the engineer visit he also arranged to check our signal.

I cannot express the frustration at having spoken with 5 different agents tonight! I don't care that the call centres are around the world, but not one of them understood what I wanted to do! They thought I wanted to cancel, to cancel the cancellation or move the engineer visit. I asked twice to speak to the team who called me today and was told I was being put through and each time had to go through security and each time ended up in another far flung call centre with someone else who didn't know understand what I wanted to do! Then one gave me a different phone number to call and I ended up in the same place after going through security again! 

It can't be this hard surely! There is no way to email, no response to tweets. I don't know what to do! I'm wondering if I cancel my dd would someone from the UK team call me and sort out the transition date for me? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no way to determine which call centre your call will go too. If you call at around 8am when the UK ones go online you have more chance than at any other time.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no way to determine which call centre your call will go too. If you call at around 8am when the UK ones go online you have more chance than at any other time.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I'll try that! 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Fedupcustomer87

Welcome to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services sorted out. 

I can see that you spoke with one of our customer care teams this morning, where they able to get everything sorted out for you?

Kind regards,

Zak_M