cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Cancel and cant log in

Rhodderz
On our wavelength

I have had an account with Virgin for a while however I have now moved to Oxford to a location where Virgin dont have any service. 
I tried to cancel my contract and for some reason, there is no webchat option available anymore, no email i can email to get this done and even stranger I cant log into my account, doing password reset also comes up with my account doesnt exist (yet been paying and using virgin for the past few years).

I have tried phoning as well and it sits on hold for 30 minutes then cuts off.

The online help page also doesnt help and send you in a loop.

If i cant get this cancelled today through official means I will drop the direct debit.

4 REPLIES 4

Rhodderz
On our wavelength

So now hit 1 hour and 4 minutes and somone cancelled my call

I have been trying to cancel for over a week so just going to cancel the DD, the support is terrible and i do not have the time to deal with the frustration of the support service (or more so the lack of)

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rhodderz, thanks for your post although I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems contacting us (and also that you're wanting to leave).

Have you been able to get in touch since your post?

If not, I'd recommend trying to re-contact us on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to speak to an agent, but please don't forget we're also available via SMS where you can discuss your account on 07533051809.

Finally, you can also request cancellation of your account by writing to us at the address quoted in our T+C's here.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Rhodderz
On our wavelength

Good Afternoon Tom,

Thank you for the response, i have tried the other options, did try the SMS, selected Broadband and then it cam back with "Unprecedented demand for this service and we do not have any availability to accept any more messages at the current time" so looks like SMS is a dead end as well.

I will look at cancelation via post however 1: why is there no email for this? and 2: i moved to the middle of Oxfordshire so getting post out on a timely manner is not an easy task already.

Having 0 way to cancel or update a contract is frustrating, but thank you for the help in the interim.

Hi @Rhodderz, thanks for your reply.

I appreciate it is extremely busy at the moment, so thanks a lot for your patience during this time.

It may be worth trying again tomorrow, as there will be a lot of people finishing work at the moment attempting to contact us.

Our phone lines are open from 8am tomorrow, perhaps it may be worth giving us a call then.

Unfortunately, we don't have an email service for this and we have no plans to introduce this at the moment I'm afraid.

I appreciate your comments about the post, but fingers crossed you can contact us soon.

Many thanks

Tom_W