cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an engineer

keshie
Joining in

Hi I've just signed up for broadband and the previous tenants of the property I'm moving into have for some reason cut the wire to the old virgin socket.

I've tried to register for an online account but all day it is refusing to accept any password I suggest no matter how secure.

I am also on hold to the call centre and have now been waiting to get through to someone for 45 minutes.

Please someone from Virgin Media help me please. I've spent half of my day trying to register / get some help. 😞

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you been sent a quick start pack already - or are you starting from square one?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, thanks for your message..  no I'm staring from square one, moving into the property this week, not a previous customer. Cannot register for an online account and gave up trying to speak to someone after 50 minutes waiting in the queue.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Most people would sign up online from the VM website after putting in the address and selecting the package.

Have you not tried that option - or is that what failed? If so what did it say when you couldnt register?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply.

No I signed up via a company called Switch Experts who too my details.

I'm getting emails from VM confirming my package is due for delivery this week, but neither trying to register or reset my password with the same email is working.

I'll have to try and get through again tomorrow I feel.

Appreciate your time, thank you

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will move this to the Account forum - you may get response quicker from there

Also try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734. - they may have more info?

--------------------
John
--------------------

That's very helpful and kind of you.

Thanks for the number for the pre installation team, will give them a call first thing

Hey keshie, thank you for reaching out. I am so happy to see you managed to find what you was looking for in our community. Please let us know how you get on with the pre-installation team and if you need further assistance here. 

However with the online account, sometimes you cannot sign up before you are installed so this could be why you would be having this issues. 

When you are installed you will be able to do this at ease. You will get sent all the relevant paperwork you need for it. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?