cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a phone number for exec complaints team

martynh99
On our wavelength

Not general complaints, exec complaints. 

My currently logged complaint is no longer visible in my account, one dept told me it doesn't exist, another can see it but doesn't know what is written on it means. 

Spent hours on whatsapp chat , calling numbers, being passed around departments , getting hung up on. 

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @martynh99 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the delay with the installation.

I can see from your post you have been advised the installed has been delayed until 10/3.

For a delay of that length, this suggest construction work is required to service the property.

This typically takes 6 to 8 weeks. This can require council permits/ temporary lights etc dependant on the job which contributes to the time scale provided. 

Did the team advise that construction work was needed?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

martynh99
On our wavelength
I have had the term construction mentioned in one of the calls yesterday, but they couldn't tell me what that actually means. The street box is directly opposite my home, 20 paces. The service duct where the cables get pulled is 1 foot from the boundary of my garden. The road has been cabled up for around 6 years.

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you wasn't told about this. 

Even if this is the case we would still need permission from the local council to bring this to the property we understand it is frustrating and I am sorry about this.

I am sure the sure team will be trying to get installed as soon as they can. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Well i got a response to my complaint, the one that was complaining about the support teams being unable to tell me what the delay was, getting passed from dept to dept with no progress, and being cut off at times

Their solution, ring the support number !!! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking carefully at the quality of the responses of the VM Complaints Team I have concluded that they must be using the Yoda Destiny Decider to arrive at their outcomes and inform their style guide. 

We truly apologise for this experience @martynh99.

Sometimes due to construction issues and issues with third-party contractors, there may be delays in installation. We would advise contacting our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734 who have the best systems to be able to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

martynh99
On our wavelength

Spoke to pre-installations team on Friday, they tried putting me through to another team(didn't tell me the name) but said they would speak to them in advance of transferring me and they would be able to sort it all out for me. 

Who did they put me through to ?  The tech support team - and they told me not to worry, i would be connected within 48 hours , if i'm not then call back in !

I remained a VM customer as I was told my new home was in a cabled street and service would be provided within 3 weeks, that was 4 weeks ago and i've still got another 5 weeks it seems. 

We truly apologise for this experience @martynh99. This is not the level of service we look to provide. We will take this feedback onboard and pass it on to the relevant teams. If you wish to raise your concerns with us, please see our complaints code of practice   https://virg.in/comcop We would advise you to remain in contact with the pre-installation team or check the "my orders and appointments" tab in your my VM account https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media for updates.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

martynh99
On our wavelength
The My Orders and Appointments section says I have none planned / outstanding (can't remember exact term it used)

Thanks for the reply @martynh99 on the forums.

An external construction job will not show up on the MyVM app.
May I ask if anyone has been recently for this issue?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team