Menu
Jameswilson88
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

National Home Builders Team

Hello,

I have recently moved into my new build property. I was supposed to have the virgin package installed and have use of this for 3 months. I have been trying now for 2 weeks to get through, however my phone has been getting cut off after 10 minutes. Today I have been (still are) on hold for 45 minutes.

If this is not sorted soon I will be forced to take my custom elsewhere to someone who will at least answer my telephone calls.

Can someone please help me?
0 Kudos
Jameswilson88
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: National Home Builders Team

Brilliant... on hold for an hour then cut off because the lines were busy?!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jameswilson88,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue getting through to the Home builders team. The correct number to reach them on is: 0800 073 7100

If you are still having an issue then you can send me a private message with the following, I'll pop them an email asking them to contact you. 

• Name
  • Address
  • Contact Number
  • Preferred time of contact
  • Developer of the site

To send me a private message, click on Kath_F next to my post and on the right hand side you will see the option to send a message Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
C-chung
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have recently moved into a new build house and was told I should sign up with VM because of all the apprent perks. I have tried to call VM and also been directed to the Builders team. So far it has been a week trying and still couldn't get anywhere with signing up. I was promised that someone will call me back but nothing happened. Please can someone advice me if I should keep trying or am I wasting my time? It shouldn't be this hard to sign up for broadband in this day and age. If VM like to waste people's time or cant handle the volume of business then please have the decency to advice people upfront.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi C-chung

Do you know if your address would be covered by an offer from NHB?

They offer 3 months free in conjunction with developers like Barratt's and Redrow.

If your new build is with another team then this may fall under the remit of another department in Virgin Media like New Build or the Nex teams.

If you could let me know that would be great.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Wheelman
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I need to ask you about the proposed roll out of fiber by Redrow. Can I msg you please?

Marcus 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheelman,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

I can double check to see what's going on with your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Wheelman.

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wheelman, 

The team has come back to me today with the following: 

Shrewsbury has had approval for trunk upgrade.
We will serve the Ellesmere rd development, may not be in the next 12 months but we are planning to get there.

This is good news although it will be quite a while before services go live.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Wheelman

I can see you have PM'd Kath for an update yesterday. She popped her update here for you on Wednesday Smiley Happy

I hope this helps.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos