cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi Epsilon201st, 

I have just replied to your thread here: NEW BUILD CONNECTION

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath, can you help me please? I am moving to a new build house and all the cables are there (hanging outside my front door) and a Virgin manhole cover in the road. I have been trying to sign up but they said no cable at property. I am at my wits end trying to sort it but if you could help me or point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful

Hi MrsMcBee, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I can certainly have a look to see when your are is due to go live. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me on this one MrsMcBee 🙂

I've sent your details over to the New Build teams now to check on things for you. As soon as we have any news we will be back in touch. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kath,

we are moving into a new property in a couple of weeks and would like Virgin media. It’s pre installed and people on the street have it but when I ring up the help desk they say it’s not ready yet? Can you help please?

thanks

Hi calliss86, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I have sent you a private message so I can assist you further with this. 

Regards, 

Dean C

danieldobrzycki
Joining in

Hi,

I've moved into a new build home which has preinstalled virgin cables etc.

It says my cables are ready to go, but when I try to set this up, it says it is not yet available.

Is there any way I can bypass this?

I've tried ringing 0800 073 7100 but I can never get through.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dan

Wynthorpe
Joining in

Can anyone help me out please? Due to move in at the end of the month but sales on site just shrugged shoulders when asked what needs to happen, house will be pre cabled etc, postcode shows on VM site, but states nothing available .

Story Homes

The Sycamores

[Removed]

BB2 5GW

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Kath,

I am in the same boat! Moved into a new build on 23rd Feb 2019. Have been in touch with Virgin numerous times and could not get a connection. The property is Virgin enabled but I do not see an OmniBox installed. However, I can see the white cable coming out of the property.

Can you PM so I can provide you my details? I used to be a Virgin customer for over 6 years (from 2007 to 2013) but moved to Sky as the area I moved into in late 2013 did not have Virgin. I can't wait to get back to Virgin as I am a big fan of the service and quality.

Thanks,
A

Hi INEEDHELPN0W

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 

Let me know if you wish to do so 

Regards 

Gareth_L