cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi.

It was a complete nightmare when I tried signing up to virgin media. My new build property had already been pre wired with all the virgin cables but yet I still kept getting told that I wasn’t on their system.

Posting on here seemed to help as the lady called Kath seemed to get the ball rolling. Just keep pestering them and don’t give up.

If it’s a Barratt Homes property you’ve moved into you get 3 months free with Virgin, make sure you ask about this as they don’t tell you.

Kind Regards

Danny

Thank you for the advice Danny. I have pm’d Kath as she seems very helpful on not just this post but others I have seen. Fingers crossed.

Good luck!

Hi missrrwoods,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue speaking with the National Home Builders Team. 

I appreciate that team have been incredibly busy and their phone times have been really excessive and this is something we are working on to support our customers. My apologies.

If you can send me a private message with the following, I'll pop them an email asking them to contact you. I know you have sent me some details but I need all of the following:

• Name
  • Address
  • Contact Number
  • Preferred time of contact
  • Developer of the site
  • Have you filled in a referral form with the Developer yet? If so what date?
  • A brief outline on why you're contacting them

To send me a private message, click on Kath_F next to my post and on the right hand side you will see the option to send a message 🙂

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, I am having the exact same problem, house has been pre wired for VM and speaking to them they have no idea when it’s to go live. My developer has said they have done all they can.

My development is

Barratt Homes
Lucerne Fields
Ivybridge
Devon
Pl21 0gb

My address is
Bonville Drive
Ivybridge
Devon
Pl21 0gb

All the streets around me have access to VM

Could you please help me resolve thsi issue?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Kath,

I too am in a very similar situation, although we have already moved into our new build a week or so ago, the sales office forgot to mention the referral form prior to us moving in.

We've been told by site the cables are all there, but your guys at virgin have said it isn't available in our area yet. What is  weird is that all the odd numbered houses on our small street are ready to go. Were pretty keen to get it installed as its required for my wife to carry some of her work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jamie

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jamie and @Riku45

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the forums 🙂

If you can both drop me a PM with the following I'll see what I can find out for you:

• Your name
  • The full address
  • The developers name
  • The development name

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Speak soon

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

mikeyd1973
Joining in
Hi Kath/Karen, Can you help me with a new build enquiry also please? Many thanks in advance. Regards, Mike

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikeyd1973

Of course 🙂

Pop your PM lovely and I'll see what we can find out.

I'll need the same as before:

• Your name
  • The full address
  • The developers name
  • The development name

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Speak soon

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mike

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

I've sent your info off to the Lightning teams to see if this is covered under any potential 2018 expansion plans.

They can take up to a week to get back to me so I'll be back in touch sometime in that time hopefully 🙂

Speak soon

Forum Team