cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi Cupra265,

Thank you for your post. 

When you used the checker did you register your interest?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your speedy reply, I did register my interest yes. I was hoping more info may be obtainable from someone rather then an automated service 🤞🏻.

Regards

Tim

Sadly not more information would be passed on when available. 

^Martin

Awesome, 

I think my next step is to contact Barratt I believe they should have completed some forms to bring Virgin to the estate. I’m viewing the property again Wednesday so I’ll also check if there’s any Virgin Cables.

Regards

Tim

Hi All,

Could someone help me . I moved to new house but on virgin website is saying i can't connect to virgin because service is not available at this address . I know the whole street have virgin cables already . I was trying to find the answer using virgin call centre but always is the same answer " we call you back "  and no one calling back. 

Can someone provide me the phone number to UK based call centre ?

Hi Kolosik,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

Sorry you haven't received a promised call back.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can take some details and possibly get a spotter to look into this for you.

I will send you a chat request shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

kind regards

Paul.

Hi All,

I am due to move in to my Taylor Wimpey house in the 2nd week of June, however my address is not coming up on the search when I enter my postcode, however other properties on the development are.

I've tried to call the New Build line a number of times but have just been put on hold and then disconnected.

I need my internet setting up for when I move in as I work from home.

Could someone please look into this for me so that I can get the ball rolling in time for move in?

Kind Regards

Hi JoshNorth93,

Thanks for your post and a warm welcome to our Community Forum!

I can take a closer look into this for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of your screen for a PM from me

David_Bn

Hi all, I am due to move into a new build in 8 weeks. My new build comes up in the 'find my address' search tool but when I click it and press next I get the message 'oh dear it looks like virgin media isnt available at your new address'. I phoned the property developers and they told me virgin installed all the required wiring on my road, I just need to book an installation date for the day I move in. Any help please as i need access to the internet within a day or 2 of moving in due to work. Thank you

Hetty_R
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi pex123, 

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. 

Sorry to hear you're having problems taking out our services. I would love to see what we can do to help you and have popped you a PM, please reply when you can 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R