cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I should be able to help with this. 

I have sent a private message to you already. If you can private message me the full address with postcode I'll look into this now.

Many thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi, I have moved to a new build area 10 years old that has not got services but there’s an active customer on the same street who has taken a cable from a different street I have done the same I’m at a loose end to get my address on the system can you help or point me in right direction,

thanks,

Michael.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @broaders 

Let me take a look into this for you

I'll send over a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi

I'm having the same challenge, due to move into my new build property in April.

It's wired for Virgin Media and the developers have confirmed it has been completed.

Neighbours have connections and services already but my address isn't showing as connectable so I can't order my service installation.

Have called the helpline but again not getting anywhere.

Please can someone help as I need my package for working at home.

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @lbnorth 

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll check this over

Thanks

Christy

Hi Forum Team, I'm hoping one of you can help. Following my post a few weeks ago I am still no further forwards to being able to get connected - please can someone reply as I am due to move in imminently. Thanks

Daryl_l
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there what has been said about why you cannot get connected?

Thanx

Daryl 

Hi

I'm having the same challenge as others, due to move into my new build property in 3 weeks.

It's supposed to be wired for Virgin Media. but my address isn't showing as connectable so I can't order my service installation.

Have called the helpline but again not getting anywhere. They are not answering calls and the email address provided was undeliverable.

Please can someone help as I need my package for working at home.

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DavidSl 

Are you moving services to the address or will it be for new services?

Just wondering if you have spoken to the move and transfer team if you are moving.

If you can private message me the full address and postcode I'm happy to check

Thanks

Christy

Thanks for responding quickly. I have sent a PM.
David