cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmmyLou86 wrote:

Hi,

I did post last month but it seems to have to been missed. I am due to move into my new build in exactly 2 weeks. I have been told that as of today my house is ‘build complete’ so I would assume all related wiring has been done. I was hoping to transfer my existing services here, over to the new property but the website says that the services are not yet available in the new area. Virgin are the only suppliers of broadband on the new estate, as far as I am aware, and all houses are pre wired for Virgin. If someone could take a look into this I would really appreciate it, I have tried calling the virgin new homes team but there is an automated message saying due to covid they have had to close so I’ve sent an email but have not received any response. I can provide the development details and the relevant address, if someone needs that, so if someone could take a look and investigate when the services are likely to be available that would be great. 

I would prefer not to have to cancel my current contract here which, I assume, would incur early exit fees to then have to ring back up and set up a whole new account.

As with the majority of people, in the current situation, I need Broadband in the new property ASAP to enable me to work from home.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Emma

You wouldn't have been missed if you'd have posted your own thread.

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your post.

I can look in to this for you, that's not a problem. I'll need to take some specific details though, so I'll pop you a private message now.

I'll speak to you there,

Thanks

Melissa

I need help I have moved into a new built house and rang virgin about this they said they have filled out forms to home builders for me but I haven’t heard anything back in over 48 hours like they said. I know virgin wires are installed because I asked the BT guy when he was at my house. The white wires are outside my wall next too the BT box. If I can’t get it sorted looks like I will go with BT. 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mick2021 

Let me see what I can do for you.

I will pop you a private message to take some details and we'll check why it is missing.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Ok send me message 

Need help I have moved into a newly built home on 17/12/2020 and was waiting for virgin to get it up and running in my area. Last week the site manager said it’s live now and also the virgin guy who was working on it. I rang virgin up they said home builders not released it yet and I must contract them, every time I try contract them it says all offices are closed due to COVID-19 I don’t seem to be getting anywhere with this and very disappointed how virgin are so slow. BT was ready the 1st day I moved in but I don’t want to join BT. Many phone calls lots of hours stressing and left with no internet one month now and still waiting. 

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, I have sent you a PM

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hello

Moving into a new build next month and having similar problems to what has been listed here. Developer claims cables are their but Virgin have no record of the property. I have been struggling to get a hold of someone that understands this at Virgin is anyone able to help?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @McMaster36 

Thanks for your post. 

Have you spoken with move and transfer team? Are you moving services to the new address?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy

I currently dont have internet with Virgin and am looking to join as the developer have given the options of bt or virgin. The main issue im having is the developer says services are available but Virgin dont have a record of the property