cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi 

I have a just bought a new build that is prewired for virgin tv but I have been told that there is no Virgin Broadband offered in the area. Please could you advise why this maybe and how i can get access to virgin?

Thanks 

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello gracew

Welcome to the community forums, have you popped your details into here? virg.in/tracker

Thanks Joe_F

hi unfortunately that link doesn't work 

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, it is virg.in/checker not tracker! 

Long day gracew!

Thanks Joe_F

GordyR
Joining in

Hi,

I am due to move in to a New build home in four weeks time that has been wired up for Virgin Media.  Currently your postcode checker says that no services are available.  I work exclusively from home, therefore moving in without and active broadband connection would be an absolute nightmare for me.

What would be the best way for me to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

happy to help

I will PM you for some details

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi

I’ve just moved into a new build home and I have been told Virgin has been installed. I have virgin boxes in the house. I’ve called the main telephone number and been advised we don’t have the service.

can someone help please, new broadband ASAP

Many thanks

Paul

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion around the serviceability of your new home. Let me take a look and see if we can get clarification on this for you. 

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks Paul I couldn't find the address on our systems either so I've contacted the relevant teams for support and will get back to you as soon as I can with an update. Apologies for the delay,

Tom

Lucy20202
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm moving into a new build home in around 2 weeks. The developers have told us that everything is set up for Virgin, however, website still shows as unavailable. Would be great if someone could look into this for me.