cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Connection Unavailable in L16

L16 9JA53.3987-2.887454102
L16 9JL53.375-2.8473987
L16 8GA53.374-2.89360114
L16 7QF53.401-2.8671239
L16 8PA53.396-2.86769114
L16 8PD53.362-2.8863073

Hi,

I’m new to the community so hopefully in the right place. We are planning to build a new self build house in the garden early next year and was wondering if anyone knows what options I have for Broadband. We are currently with virgin and would like the same in the new house. Does anyone know how much the connection is likely to cost or how I get a quote? We need to get Gas/Electric/Water to the property so may make sense to lay the broadband in the same trench (assuming that’s allowed).

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

thanks

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello swhite63

There is a lot of baring factors with things like this, Unfortunately it is not something we can check from here. The best option would be to call our sales team on 0800 183 1234 they will be able to shed more light on this.

Thanks Joe_F

Makster88
Joining in

Hi All,

Just moved into a new build that has a Virgin Media plate (just a white plate with the logo, no ports) and I want to transfer over our existing Fibre Optic Broadband contract but the postcode checker and telephone support states Virgin isn’t supported when the building development insists it is and I can see for myself the media plate.

Can you help? Postcode is E17 9SL

Thanks

Hello,

We moved in to a Bellway home in the 2nd week of May but when I put my postcode in online it says the service isn't available, however other properties on the development are.

I could do with Broadband being available as soon as possible so that I can work from home.

Is anyone on here able to advise?

Thanks

Good Afternoon CS92,

Sorry to see you've been kept waiting to have Virgin Media broadband installed in your new home.

I'm happy to look into this for you and I'll drop you a PM to do this. Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen

David_Bn

Hi

I'm looking to move to Virgin Media for all my services but it says online and when I called that it's not set up.

I am in a new Barratt home and on speaking to the site team they have told me that all houses are set up for Virgin media and have Virgin media points in the houses.

Could someone advise as I've cancelled sky already and I am on the countdown to having no services?

Thanks

Hi Cozy150480,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the team. You'll need to speak to the home build team on 0800 073 7100 and they are open 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John

I spoke to them this afternoon and they advised that my house will get connected soon, unfortunately if this is not before the 17th October when all of my other services are disconnected I will be forced to go with someone else as I work from home so cannot be without a connection.

Aaah, sorry about that 😞

Hopefully in the future.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill