cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

msouthwell
Joining in

Hi.

I am also having trouble getting answers about connection to our new build house on a Barratt house.

The development is The Links, Kepple Lane, Garstang, Preston and my address is:-

3 Cross Court, Garstang, Preston, PR31AF.

The lady in the local Virgin Media shop showed me on her screen that some addresses on the development can sign up but my address is showing as no plans to install. I’m assured by the builder that the cables are in on the whole estate but it’s very difficult trying to find out from either the developer or the Virgin call centre when I will be able to sign up and what steps are still left to make this happen.

please help!

mark

Wynthorpe
Joining in

We are now sorted and booked in for the 11th of April. 

Valerie_T
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Msouthwell,

Thanks for using the Virgin Community in raising your connectivity issue with the new property.

I recommend you remove your personal details from the post as we will never ask them in here.

We'd like to double check the connections in your new address but we need to ask some account and personal details from you. We can do this via online chat.

Thanks,

Valerie_T

msouthwell
Joining in

Hi Valerie.

im afraid that really wasn’t helpful at all. I just ended up going through the same process I’ve been through twice before with your front of office sales team, I.e. they check my postcode and say it’s not available.

People on this thread seem to have had a really positive bespoke response to the very specific problem about their particular new build development. 

I would be very grateful if someone could do the same for me as I’m finding the whole thing incredibly frustrating!

thanks

mark

Valerie_T
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Msouthwell,

I appreciate you took time to have a chat with us. As much as I love to help, our chat team already looked at your address and they have all the tools to check the connection availability of different addresses.

We constantly aim to try to provide service to everyone. I'm sure your interest is already listed on our end.

We hope we can provide you service as soon as possible.

Regards,

Valerie_T

msouthwell
Joining in

I can’t quite believe this response given how other people have been asssisted on this thread. Your colleague Kath seems to have had a really positive response if you go back through previous posts and I’m afraid you are letting the side down.

As has been highlighted on this thread many many times the issue goes way beyond just checking a postcode on a computer screen.

Kath, if you’re out there please help me!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry for any confusion caused with this.

I'm going to pop you a private message requesting some more information so I can take a closer look and get you some answers 🙂

Thanks

Melissa

TUNNICLC
Joining in

Hi

I am moving into a Bellway development, the computer just keeps saying someone will be in touch with me from the new build team

are you able to help, I move in two weeks and require WIFI asap for work!

Hi TUNNICLC,

Thanks for your post 🙂

I'll pop you a private message requesting some more information so I can look in to this for you.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi,

Im moving into a new build Barratt estate in Westbury Wiltshire next month, Virgin postcode checker says Virgin available in next road but not mine, surely they will be running Virgin through this new large Barratt estate! 

Please help I don’t want BT🙁

Regards

Tim