cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Epsilon201st
On our wavelength

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1_zegj_p_Xk1ey9rGUHOKkLcEsci-kczg&ll=53.414254302746464%2...

Check out the above link.

Mapped myself using postcode checker. 

Blue tabs = addresses where virgin media connected

Black tabs = addresses where connection unavailable

grey rectangle = my newbuild estate, not available to any of us (several neighbours interested)

blue rectangle = wider surrounding area where virgin media available 

black line = passageway of unavailability

largest yellow rectangle = all homes connected to virgin media 

So we are ringed twice by connected homes entirely. I don't know how cable my street is done, but surely the cost is minimal for such a short distance, when all surrounding homes are connected, and we have several neighbours keen to connect also? Construction completed at the end of 2018, no more building work to be done. 

Epsilon201st
On our wavelength

P.S. I did not use the traditional postcode checker

I used this -> https://keepup.virginmedia.com/comingsoon/

Meant I didn't have to select individual address. 

Epsilon201st
On our wavelength

image.png

L7 0JLYes53.41228-2.93011854109
L7 0JPYes53.412972-2.9324837101
L7 0JSYes53.412612-2.93029160112
L7 0JYYes53.413003-2.9317731328
L7 0JZYes53.41284-2.9321623073

L7 0AB/0AD are the newbuild postcodes. Virgin Media unavailable. All the surrounding ones listed above - available.

JoeyThorn
Joining in

Hi there, 

Similar story to the op and other people on here.

Moved house to a Barratt new build that was pre-wired with all of the virgin cabling. Had the installation booked for 20th Dec and got a call 2 days before to say that there was an "unknown construction issue" and that installation would have to be delayed. Fast forward to today and after probably 20 phonecalls to the pre-installation team, hours on hold and continual promises of "a call back from my manager" that never materialise i am losing my sense of humour with the situation. Every time i call i get told that "the contractors haven't logged any update yet" and asked to wait for more information on this "construction issue" which as far as i can see does not exist.

Meanwhile the neighbours 2 doors down have had a virgin engineer out installing their services, and i can now detect their virgin wireless network from here. The property developer assures me that the wiring along this bit is common and if one of the houses can get their virgin services then there's no logic to it not being available to the others. They also said it should literally be a case of swapping a faceplate on a wall, connecting a router and activating the line which if that is the case shows just how poor the interdepartmental communication at virgin is - weeks of waiting for no reason... shambles.

Hi JoeyThorn,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
Once the internal wiring is done, it can take a bit longer for the external cabling to be sorted. I can double check to see what the hold up is though. 

I'll need some information from you so I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi JoeyThorn,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hk1995
Joining in

We have recently moved into a (not so) new build now (people started moving in around this area in March 2018) and I am having the same issue, the website claims the address isn't accessible. Its been pre-wired in for almost a year! 

Been in touch with the sales team numerous times (absolutely useless, waste of time as they just check the same thing you check when you put the postcode in)

Twice they have told me the team needed to come check the wires to make sure it's set up and will be in touch in 3-5 working days (almost a month ago now) and I have yet to hear anything back. 

I phoned back and someone told me February is when the services go live but that's for a different development phase! (phase 2, we're phase 1)

All I want is the service I pay for to be transferred over so I can get university work completed.

Then I was also given an email saying sorry you're leaving us, which I am not!

Although at this rate, I might just go because I could get Internet in a matter of days if I went with BT.

To make matters worse, the sales team transferred my call to the new development team and they never even answered, don't appreciate being fobbed off. 

Can you help me out too? 

Hi Hk1995, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have had trying to get this sorted. 

I can double check to see what's happening with your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Epsilon201st, 

Thanks for your post. As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 
I can double check to see if your address is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team