cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi ritchie44, 

Thanks for your post. 

I will also need some information from you too. 

Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

samram1352
Joining in

Hi all,

Similar to others on here, we have been in our new build home since November 1st 2018 (with Persimmon). We were the first to move into our property on our street and filled out all the forms with Persimmon for Virgin Media. Our street is now full and all of our neighbours have broadband installed but we are the only ones who are still yet to be installed. Our next door neighbour moved in about a month after us and the next day Virgin Media were round installing their broadband! 

Customer Services have been so unhelpful - I have called numerous times and been given an installation date and then told that the installation is on hold for extra work. Then we are given another date and then this again put on hold and so on... Virgin Media can't explain to us why they have installed everyone else's internet but not ours. Persimmon have confirmed with us several times that there are no issues and there is no reason we shouldn't be installed. The Virgin Media website reports no faults with our area. 

If anyone is able to give advice will be much appreciated - can provide further info over PM.

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Sam, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 😞 
It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 
I'll be happy to take a look at where things stand currently to ensure you've got the latest update.
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

I'm trying to sort my new Virgin internet connection for a month now. The new build team is a joke, they cannot find my new home anywhere. They blame the developer and the site manager of the Linden blame them. It is a good game to play, however here at the development Virgin potentially losing 2700 new home and they clearly not interested. Nobody bother from virgin to come and check the duck/junction box to connect my new home. BT is much better here (at least this is I heard from the developer), but I used Virgin a couple years back and I know they provide a much better service in general than BT. But if I cannot deal with Virgin I'll connect with BT .

After a month of continuous try I feel disappointed. Virgin is not interested to connect new homes, otherwise they would provide acceptable customer service. I need broadband so I'm giving up to calling Virgin's "New Home Team".

Erica 

Hi,

Like others I'm also having difficulty getting my broadband set up at a new build. I had broadband at my previous address and I just want to move it across to my new address. The entire street has been pre cabled and I have the sockets in my house already, I just need an engineer to come round and connect my house up. I have spoken to customer services several times and they either tell me I can't get the service in my area or my house doesn't exist! I did eventually get through to someone who said they are currently adding my address to the system and should only take a couple of days, but this was last week and I can no longer get a hold of the same team to ask for an update. Because I'm moving my services I'm currently paying for something I can't use, even though there shouldn't be any reason I can't use it.

Can anybody help me with my situation or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Sam

Hi both, 

Apologies to hear about this. 

We can certainly take a look at things for you to see what's going on. 

I will need some information though so have sent you both a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi bradbury36, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I have sent your information over to the New Build Teams now to check on this. 

It doesn't look as though any even numbers past 30 are included so I've asked why and if they will be serviceable soon. 

As soon as I have a reply I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Thanks for that, I got a call back from the guy I spoke to last week (not sure if this was your doing?) And he said my house should all be connected up etc by the 18th Jan, from there I should be able to book an engineer and get swapped over.

Thanks

Sam

Hi Erica1133,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi bradbury36, 

I was just about to message you with an update 🙂 

The team advised: Word back from site is that the cabinet will be installed and connected by Friday 18th January and once completed the liaison will send to releases.

So that's great news 🙂

If you have any further questions, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team