cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Hi Kath

I wonder if you could help me. I move to a new build home in December and unsure if Virgin Media is live on the development. The cables have been installed and it appears some of the residents have VM up and running. The development is Merlin Gardens in East Kilbride.

What is the best way to proceed in terms of our current VM subscription? Would we also qualify for the free 3 months as an existing customer- I didn’t think so?

Any advice you could offer would be very much appreciated!

Paul

Hi Pfagan10,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forums 🙂

Regarding your query, you'd need to speak to the Home Builders team, and they'll be more than happy to assist you further. 

They are contactable via 0800 073 7100.

Please let me know how you get on,

Good luck as well, with the house move 🙂

Kind regards,

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

lwthomas
Joining in

Hi

I've been moved into a new property at four acres, Mickleover by Barratt Homes for the last 2 months and still waiting for the Virgin to be connected.

I've phoned up the sales team who cant advise of a connection date and therefore cant process a package until it is connected.

I've phoned the Nation home builders number but only been able to leave a message with no call back as yet.

I've spoke to Barratt's who tell me the property was signed off in early September and all details were passed over to Virgin.  

Would just like to know when the connection is likely to happen as want to sign up to virgin but if its going to be months away then I will sign up to another provided as the BT line has been connected and up and running since the day I moved in on the 27 September 2018.

Any help would be great in resolving this

Cheers

Luke

Hi John

Forgive the lateness of my reply. There doesn’t seem to be much of an update regarding the development. I’ve spoken to a few advisors and they have said Virgin Media are needing to install a cabinet at the development- but there has been no contact from Barratts to this end. Would you be able to enquire further? There are a few neighbours chasing this up- we would be ever so grateful to have this expedited. The LA have authorised this I believe, so all we would need is the cabinet and then the wires to each property. 

Thank you in advance.

pfagan10

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Luke

I've popped a PM to you for me to take some details and I can ask the NHB teams to look into this for you that way if you have been unsuccessful on the phone.

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope if you still need help with this and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pfagan10

Thanks for the update.

I've also popped a PM to you for me to take the details I need to look into this further.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Pfagan10

Thank you for coming back to me with your update via PM

Sad news about the tie frame there for you but hopefully we may see you at some point in another year or so.

Take care.

Forum Team

Techie93
Tuning in

Hi,

We have been in our property since start November. We phoned before we moved in to get VM installed however come back and said that unable to complete this as address isn't on the system.

A month down the line and there a a few houses at the start of the road who have now got virgin media however ours still isn't showing.

How can we get VM installed? The sales team don't seem to be very useful and keep saying keep an eye on the website etc.

Starting to get really frustrated.

Speaking with the developer and they said that everything is in place for the house to be connected up.

Just wondering why the other houses at the top have been connected but not us 

ritchie44
Joining in

Hi Karen,

I am due to move into a new build property on 17th January, Virgin lines were recently installed in my area. It says online I cannot get virgin in my area when i enter my postcode. 

Hi Techie93, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about this. 

I can double check what the hold up is although I will need some information from you first of all. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs