cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

MikeyZed
Joining in

Hello,

I am having a lot of difficulty with something that seems quite simple.

I have been trying to get information on how to organise the transfer of my Virgin account from my current home to a new build (with Barratt Homes), with as little disruption as possible. This is key because I regularly work from home. To date, I have been unsuccessful in managing this.

I was feeling optimistic earlier this week after hearing that my new home is scheduled to be "active" on the system this Friday morning. Following that, I called Virgin Moving, explained the situation to them, and they recommended stopping service at my current location to expedite things for when I do move in. Then, this morning, I received a text message saying "Sorry to hear that you're leaving us". WHAT IS GOING ON?! I'm not leaving Virgin Media, I just want to move my account from one home to another.

To put it as plainly as possible, I'm currently with Virgin Media and Virgin Media has been pre-installed in the new build that I am moving into this weekend (7 July). I simply want to take the Virgin boxes from my current home and self-install it (ASAP) into my new home. Please help.

Sincerely,

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with this currently. 

Until things go live on the system, the Movers team won't be able to get the services transferred. 

Even though the internal cabling may be down, we may have hit some issues with the external. 

Your best bet is to speak to the New Build Team on 0800 073 7100. They can check on when the service will go live for you to be able to arrange installation 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dear Kath,

Thank you for the feedback. I've called that number... quite a few times. First time, I was told that the connection should "go live tomorrow". After not hearing back, I called back a few days later and was told that the property had been released "not sure what the hold up was but it should go live tomorrow". Again, nothing happened and that's happened twice already. I'm on the phone again now to followup after not hearing back.

Sincerely,

Mike

Kath,

I have Asked the developer for this referral form however they are unaware of any foms to be handed over to us. As they have been told to contact yourselves to get the service up and running. The development has been in progress for 3 years so I guess that can't be wrong. 

Can you send me this form which you have mentioned please? It will be vital for myself to have internet up and running when I move in as I work from home.

Josh1c
Joining in

Hi, 

I would appreciate any any assistance that can be offered too. We are in a new build on a development, some homeowners are live but my house shows as “not available in your area yet”.

Thanks for letting me know Mike. 
I am sorry this has been the journey you've had so far. The team can only go by the information shown so they will be doing their best. 
Stay in touch with them as we go through the same route so won't have any further information. 
As always, keep us posted on how things go. 
Thanks.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Techie93, 
Thanks for coming back to me on this. 
If your Sales Suite doesn't have any referral forms then this would mean they are not in partnership with us. 
Instead you would need to speak to the New Build team on 0800 073 7100. They can check where we are with the cable install and give you a review date. 
Let us know how you get on. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Josh1c, 
Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums 🙂
Give the New Build team a call on 0800 073 7100 for them to check on how your area is coming along in terms of installation. 
Let us know how the call goes. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

I created my own post over a week ago, but no one has responded to it - I'm really getting the impression that Virgin Media don't want me as a customer.

We moved into our new build home on the 27th July, and was checking online daily to see when we could get Virgin, as it said it wasn't in our area yet (although our house is prewired for this). A sales rep knocked on the door one day, and was confused because our house was down in his system as being "Under Construction". He went off to complete the paperwork, and said he'd be in touch. He passed us over to the NHB team, and a sales guy in the main office - and they all advised us that our house would be released TODAY 23/08/2018 , so that we could sign up for virgin and book an engineer to come round and install it. Yet it still says online that our area isn't ready for Virgin yet...

It's worth mentioning that our neighbours moved in 2 weeks ago, and a Virgin Media engineer came round the day after to set them up. Also when I check the house at the end of our road, that says it's ready for Virgin, that house isn't even built yet!

Can someone please contact me to get some attention on this? 4 weeks is pathetic.

Hi TTEvans, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have just replied to your post here: No Virgin Media for 3 weeks in New Build Property

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.
Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team