cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW BUILD CONNECTION

DannyFarrell
Joining in
Can anyone help?

I moved into a new build Barratt Homes house last week that is pre-wired for Virgin Media services, I was told by the Sales Office at Barratt Homes that they had filled all the forms out Virgin need before I had even moved in and sent them back.

Since moving in last week I’ve contacted Virgin Media a number of times.

I was initially given the National Home Builders @ Virgin Media Number to ring - I’ve tried calling this around 4-5 times this week and after been on hold for around 45mins-1hr you get cut off without getting to speak to anyone.

I’ve phoned the normal sales line who have aparently filled out some forms and sent to their ‘back office’ for approval and was told someone would get back to me in a couple of days.

I’ve had webchats and spoke to the Virgin team on Twitter who again said they’ve passed the query to the New Build team and would get them to contact me.

Some Virgin Media colleagues I’ve spoke to say I’m not even in a Virgin area, I find this hard to believe when the house is pre-wired and also my neighbours are connected.

I’m just wanting to get connected as I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult live is these days with broadband!

Hope someone can help?

Kind Regards

Danny
249 REPLIES 249

Thanks Karen.

The developers have installed the inspection chambers and green ducting in the road and there are cables entering the house so I'm hoping all will be good.  The house isn't quite ready yet - some time in early April.

Cheers,

Mike

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Fingers crossed for you then as this sounds good so far 🙂

Catch you next week!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi Karen,

Would you be able to help me too?

I have purchased a new build and all the flats are wired for virgin, however when speaking to your sales team they have said it isn't available. 

Thanks!

Rachel

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Mike

Thanks for the PM 🙂

The teams popped back while I was off last week confirming it was linked to an  NBU 58171, meaning planning is there for the most part ad they asked the Housefiles and Build teams when this is being released to LS which is the stage our accounts go to when they are Live and serviceable.

I've popped back to them with a request to chase this again as there's not been an answer yet.

Thanks!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Thanks Karen.  We're hoping to move in on 25th May so hopefully this will give enough time for the house to be connected.

Cheers,
Mike

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Fingers crossed Mike

There's no hard and fast time-frame with these things as I have come to learn working on the forums so if you don't hear back from me by next week pop back on this thread and I'll chase it again for you.

Thanks again.

Forum Team

Techie93
Tuning in

Hi,

How long does it take for an address to be release? Ive also been told by developer that the whole development is already connected for Virgin Media. Once the team have done the job. How long does it take for the address to be released for me to be able to order a connection for it?

Also, Once the form is submitted how long would it normally take for it to be connected up and running?

Hi Techie93, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

It's hard to say as there are so many different things to take in to consideration. 

If you're able to fill in a referral form with your development do this as it will be the quickest way to get installed. 

This needs to be done 4 - 6 weeks before moving in though. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath.

Will ask the development team for this on our next visit.

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikeyd1973

I've not heard back from the New Build Liaison officer who this was flagged to so I have passed this back to them for you.

Thanks for the PM chaser too!

Speak soon!

Forum Team