cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED PHONE HELP

Ccarter486
Joining in

How on earth do I get to speak to someone ?
I had a very disturbing call from Virgin rep in Philippines who went on to alter my contract with NO AGREEMENT BY ME AT ALL. Email responses to my complaint are from someone who hasn’t even read my complaint. I am really worried about this. They have increased my contract from £62 per month to £107 per month. They called me and all I said was that my router keeps dropping out. They said would send new one free of charge that would solve all the problems. Half an hour later I got a new contract by email !!!!!!!!!!
my follow up call said I could not cancel it. No 14 days to cancel unless I simply left Virgin. Can anyone help ?

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ccarter486 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this dispute.

I will send you a PM now to assist further

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Ccarter486
Joining in

Can not believe after being with virgin over 7 years that today I’ve had to cancel all service due to the dishonesty of Virgin sales staff. After being in a contract paying £68 per month for13 months of an 18-month contract, I get a phone call whist I’m in my car from an agent. The agent asks if I am happy with Virgin rot which I reply I’m not thrilled with the internet service ...to keep it short he offers to resolve this and says with send a piece of equipment with no extra cost to myself.

When I get home five mins later there are several emails from Virgin showing I have in fact entered into a new 18month contact with a monthly cost of £108 !!! . What ?? No mention of any of this in the phone call ..completely made up ! . I immediately called back as had the name of the guy I spoke with who informed me it was  in his words “ to **bleep** late as contract formed “ ! I asked for his manager to which he replied “no point he’s not here and he’s **bleep** **bleep** anyway “!!! Wow Virgin you really have lost your reputation with me, and I guess many more people.  

No one would allow me to cancel (even though I did not even make a contract) so I have lodged an official complaint. After several more chat messages and calls today, I decided to cancel under the cooling off period rule which is crazy as I was happy with my original contract and would probably had stayed forever …so because I “lies" by virgin I have been forced to leave as could not afford to miss the cooling off period deadline whist they investigated due to lack of trust in Virgin.

Please all reading be warned …if you answer the phone to virgin you may end up in a newly formed contract without ever discussing contacts, costs, anything at all !! Shame on Virgin, have you really sunk so low and so desperate for sales that this is how you behave? Think very carefully before getting involved with Virgin. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ccarter486 

I've merged your two thread together.

You should respond to the PM from John_GS so he can see exactly what's with the "agent"  This is uncalled for behaviour from a VM representative to say the very least.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Ccarter486 

Please do respond to my PM so I can assist further

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill